Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Enc: how is charm since the last patch?

Hey all you that have enchanters out there, how is charm working out for you guys since the last patch in march? I rolled my first enchanter recently, and am just curious what kinda situation I will be playing up into if I invest more time into him.

I read in a few other threads that it seemed to be breaking a lot more often. Just kinda hope it isn't tooo bad..
Old 04-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Large Bat

It seems to break about the same for me, maybe somewhat more often. It's especially noticeably more streaky, with one break often being followed with many more (5-10, seriously) within a few minutes. All my experience is with pets that are always tashed+maloed prior to being recharmed. No additional -MR gear. I stopped in Kedge earlier today at lvl 52 and charm broke 2-3 times on lvl 34ish green tashed fish at the entrance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've also noticed a crazy crit resist rate for the lull line recently, which I'm not at all used to as a 247 cha enc. About 7-10 days ago I was ~47 doing Sol B royals and out of 8 attempts I got 1 to land, 1 regular resist, and 6 crit resists. I haven't really tried using lull since, so I don't have a better sample than that. Maybe I was just unlucky. It was certainly a shock to my group and I.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Kobold

It's purely anecdotal but charm seems much more streaky now. It either breaks early and often or holds well. There isn't as much middle ground as there was before, it seems. I also have gotten multiple short breaks in a row over and over. In fact, sometimes in one tick. Then that same mob will hold for complete duration of the spell. My buffed CHA is around 234 and I use the 44 tash of course.

Charm is still very useful of course but whatever changes were made in the patch don't seem to be the as advertised improvement.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Lvl 57, 255 cha, tash and malo.

Overall more breaks in a given time it seems. Also the above is true, thought it was just me. I'll charm a zol knight in seb and have it hold for 10 minutes. Then it'll break, and break 4 more times within 5 minutes. It is less dependable now. Still useable, but overall nerfed.

I have a thread in the bugs forum bringing these issues up, but so far there has been no gm input. I'm hoping they don't let it stand as a ninja nerf and actually fix it to be an improvement like they claimed. At 57 charming mid 40s mobs with tash, malo and 255 cha, it should be reliable as hell.
Last edited by Rayzor84; 04-17-2015 at 12:18 PM..
Old 04-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Large Bat

60 enc with 255 cha, usually solo charming pets 49+ (so without malo).
Feeling it works better than before the patch, overall.
Perhaps less reliable on green pets, indeed.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
60 enc with 255 cha, usually solo charming pets 49+ (so without malo).
Feeling it works better than before the patch, overall.
Perhaps less reliable on green pets, indeed.
Are you doing anything special? Just mez/tash/charm right?

Even in HS I noticed charming outside ent or north is out of the question for me, but 60 is much different than 57 as well.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you doing anything special? Just mez/tash/charm right?

Even in HS I noticed charming outside ent or north is out of the question for me, but 60 is much different than 57 as well.
Nothing special, perhaps being lower level and/or slightly lower charisma has an impact.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

So glad I geared HP and INT instead of CHA after this patch. I was never really in agreeance that CHA had much importance anyway..
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 04-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So glad I geared HP and INT instead of CHA after this patch. I was never really in agreeance that CHA had much importance anyway..
I wouldn't say it isn't important. The difference is very noticible when I use overwhelming splendor vs base 205 cha. My mana was always fine with 130 int, having more is just a bonus. HP does help alot though.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

The human brain is not a good estimator for highly random events like this. It tends to converge too rapidly, because "hmm, that tiger just ate my friend. Well, maybe he was just in a bad mood. Let's see what he does tomorrow" is not a good evolutionary strategy.

If you want to come to real conclusions, go through your log file and look for 'You begin casting Allure' and 'Your charm spell has worn off' and see what you find!
Closed Thread