Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Large Bat

Thumbs down IP Exceptions

Alright, I've been trying to be patient since I know the work done on this server is volunteer, but does it really take 2+ weeks for an IP exception to be fixed? My room mate and I have to use one of our cell phones for an alternate IP so we can both play. We also have several friends interested in playing again, but they are all coupled now and want to play with their wife, SO, boyfriend, whatever and it's frustrating to say "Hey, come play this great game, oh btw, you cant play together for at least 2 weeks." There has been 15 views on my post for the exception so I know it's getting looked at, but still nothing appears to have been done.

I am sure I'm not the only one having this issue, so is there somewhere I can volunteer to help with this kind of thing? Let me know.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

These used to take up to a month or more. Be patient, they do them in batches. Did you follow the instructions and include all of the necessary information?

If you want to volunteer for the server: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61295

P.S. posting rants like this regarding ip exemptions may delay said ip exemption request
Old 04-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Large Bat

Yep, I did include the required information.

It would be nice to hear some sort of follow up, such as "we have your exception, projected date for next up date is xx/xx/xxxx" Just so it doesn't look like it's being ignored. It's frustrating to hear nothing, and to see a post elsewhere saying "I'll get to it, don't bug me about it."

Not trying to rant, I'm just looking for a better way to do it, or some sort of communication. As I said before it's hard to encourage friends to play and help the server pop grow when these items are not addressed in what I view as a timely fashion. Now there may be a lot more that goes into an IP exception than I know about so I may be way off base and a month is pretty damn quick, but again, I have not been told anything about it.

Also to say that me commenting about the way something is handled may cause it to take longer is ridiculous. If bringing up a problem, seeking a resolution AND offering to help in some way causes it to take longer then my hopes for this server have just been dashed. I've been very impressed so far, and if I wasn't paying $20 a month for phone tethering so my room mate and I can both play I would be donating to the server as well.

Guide app submitted.
Last edited by Krymm; 04-27-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

They just need more help. I don't know who's in charge of adding people to the team over there, but they need to get on it before the attrition rate even further outpaces the rate of acquiring people.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Aviak

yeah mine has been over a month....I hear they are taking at least a month right now, especially if the timing of your request is shortly after they just did a batch. I expect that it shouldnt be too much longer..
Old 04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

dont worry you will be able to box soon.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

Ya dont sweat it, my request has been in Que for a while too. just have to be patient with these things. Ive been told not to bump either =D
Old 04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont worry you will be able to box soon.

Just because you do it doesn't mean everybody else will.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Aviak

I've been waiting 24 days for mine.

I find it funny how people think they have a right to complain about this kind of thing.

IT'S FREE! lol.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been waiting 24 days for mine.

I find it funny how people think they have a right to complain about this kind of thing.

IT'S FREE! lol.
Well we always have the right to complain, we live in America. The reason I have brought this up is like I've said I have several other people who want to play, but do not necessarily have the resources my roomie and I have to get around this while they wait for their exception so they can play with other people in their home. Also, the $20 a month going to the price of tethering could go to something better, such as donations to the server.
Closed Thread