Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would adding simultaneous repops and FTE shouts be good for P1999 Blue?
Yes 73 93.59%
No 5 6.41%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't get why people don't just share here, im not the hardcore raiding type but this is one of the reason's why...server would be much better if a rotation would be worked in and even guilds like Full Circle could get an occasional raid kill in....

oh yea, i do know why, its call GREED and it's a problem with this server
Because rotations aren't fun. Competition was a pretty big part of EverQuest, and rotations destroy that.

Of course, there's no competition with what we have now either. It's a bunch of people all attacking a mob as soon as it spawns (or using third party software to do it for them) and getting loot rewarded to them by a GM whether or not they would have successfully killed that mob on their own. By this system we might as well just remove the raid mobs in the game and hold a lottery each week for raid items, it's the same thing.

I don't know about Fippy, but I know on The Sleeper we never had any of this poopsocking stupidity. We would mobilize for a mob as soon as it spawned and would usually beat out a few other guilds in a race. That shit's fun, but it's up to the players to decide that's how they want to do things here. It looks like the players would rather stare at a wall for 16 hours as opposed to actually doing other things with their lives, so it's not looking good for anything changing soon. So it appears that P99 may never have a healthy and fun raid scene, by no fault of the game or the GMs or the devs, but of the players themselves who choose to play the game in such a way.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casuals bitched in 1999, and casuals will bitch here.

The only thing preventing your casual guilds from awesomeness is yourselves. You can point the finger at the staff, the players, the top guilds all you want it does not change the fact that if you want it bad enough, you'll do what it takes.

Socking, leapfrogging, contesting over raid targets happened in classic.

Shit is classic.
Variance is not classic. And sitting on a spawn for hours is not awesomeness in my book.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what raid change would save a whole lot of coding?

Uthgaard being back. Lot of Velious content and other fixes done too I'd surmise.

Really though? No variance, whoever gets xp gets mob. Let the players come up with clever ways to manange, just enforce training.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Aren't you too busy bragging about yourself in the third person on the best players thread Zephany? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yes, 95% so far. Need more votes though.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course, there's no competition with what we have now either. It's a bunch of people all attacking a mob as soon as it spawns (or using third party software to do it for them) and getting loot rewarded to them by a GM whether or not they would have successfully killed that mob on their own. By this system we might as well just remove the raid mobs in the game and hold a lottery each week for raid items, it's the same thing.

So it appears that P99 may never have a healthy and fun raid scene, by no fault of the game or the GMs or the devs, but of the players themselves who choose to play the game in such a way.
I disagree, it is completely the fault of the devs. The majority of players will always choose the path of least resistance to their goals. It is the responsibility of the devs to design the path.

TZ-The Highland Army
SZ-Malignant, Hate

Stormhammer-Science of War
The Rathe-Precision Strike

R99 - 52 Necro
P99 - 34 Mage
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

So far the vote is 62:4. At least among forum trolls I think it's safe to say we have a consensus.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Large Rat

Why not give guilds the ability to spawn their raid mobs once a week?

Yeah, its not classic, but neither is a non-progression server where everyone is not moving past the same dozen raid mobs.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

I won't vote since I don't partake in the high-end raid scene, but I figure the variance and multi-day camps help me indirectly. 100 people sitting on Venril Sathir's spawn point is 100 people who *aren't* claiming the stuff I want to do.

Danth
Closed Thread