Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, original had *GASP* world pvp.

World PVP is dead in WoW now.
I saw a lot of world PvP during BC on Cho'Gal and about the same amount when we transferred to Shadowmoon for WotLK. I guess it all depends on which server you are on. By the time Wrath launched, Cho'Gal was almost entirely Horde, leaving us with very few world encounters. They were so scarce we actually held up a raid for 45 minutes to hunt down a couple of dwarves I spotted when flying over Azshara on the flightpath.

Ulduar hardmodes were pretty tough, but they were 'easy' because you didn't have to do them all on the same run. I think the only one I didn't get from there was Herald of the Titans.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanilla WoW was the only good WoW, anyone who says otherwise is delusional or trolling.
yep, faction imbalances, the worst MMO launch in the history of gaming, and the replay-ability of a dead muskrat. Vanilla was best!~
Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, faction imbalances, the worst MMO launch in the history of gaming, and the replay-ability of a dead muskrat. Vanilla was best!~
quoting so ppl searching your retardation see this one twice
Old 11-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

faction imbalances = paladins on one side and shamans on the other should have never happened
worst launch = game unplayable for two weeks straight
replayability = no daily quests, took 10 patches for battlegrounds, couldn't get into raids unless you keyed ( i actually liked this feature but it didn't do anything for the casual crowd ) Where am I wrong here?
Old 11-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
faction imbalances = paladins on one side and shamans on the other should have never happened
replayability = no daily quests, took 10 patches for battlegrounds, couldn't get into raids unless you keyed ( i actually liked this feature but it didn't do anything for the casual crowd ) Where am I wrong here?
quoting so ppl searching your retardation see this one twice
Old 11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanilla WoW was the only good WoW, anyone who says otherwise is delusional or trolling.
http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

For me, DAOC had the best PvP.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The paladins and shaman being restricted to alliance/horde was unique and fun. Not that imbalanced. I bought the game with some RL friends on release day and it played better than EQ on my pc at the time hehe. Daily quests and battlegrounds suck; the make the game feel bland and forced. Keys for raids meh.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

I GOT PISSED THAT SO MUCH SHAMMY GEAR DROPPED IN MC
Old 11-26-2011, 02:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The paladins and shaman being restricted to alliance/horde was unique and fun. Not that imbalanced. I bought the game with some RL friends on release day and it played better than EQ on my pc at the time hehe. Daily quests and battlegrounds suck; the make the game feel bland and forced. Keys for raids meh.
Keys for raids was one of the features I was really sad to see go away. It's one of the reasons I quit EQ, and a big contributor to why I stopped playing WoW after Black Temple was unlocked to everyone until Wrath came out (thankfully, you still need a key to unlock the door to Karazhan, by far my favorite raid instance ever). The tiered raiding concept from BC was amazing...you have to do Karazhan/Magtheridon/Gruul before you can do SSC/TK, and you have to do those before Hyjal, which you need to do before Black Temple...and if you wanted to go all the way, you still needed to go all the way back and do heroic dungeons for pieces (FUCK YOU Shattered Halls!!!!!!!).

EQ had something similar with needing a key for Emp Ssra and keys for VT, then it sort of came back again with the tiered flags in PoP. More content for each tier in WoW would have made it seem like less of a chore. Mag and Gruul were just long, boring fights. TK wasn't any fun at all with the minimal amount of bosses.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Diggles you were like 8 years old during vanilla wow, and you're like 12 now, your opinions are invalid.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Closed Thread