Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you step back and realize this is the sad truth of raiding on this server, it makes it much easier to say goodbye to p99
Death of WoW

It's happening everywhere. Adapt to a less hardcore mentality not because CSG is a thorn in your side, but because, realistically, you don't have the juice. No one does. Relax, the server will still be here if AG takes 65 minutes to kill Sevalak instead if 60. ( btw we cothed up and killed everything from PoM to Sevalak other than the wurms which we ran out of time and botched).

I don't think the goodwill that's keeping players in the game will last forever. After all, we still have months until the next expansion, Legion. In the past it was relatively easy to deal with these long "content droughts" by fighting our way through harder versions of the existing dungeons, but for World of Warcraft's increasingly older and comparatively devoted "old guard," that's simply not possible anymore. So many of us are approaching middle age now. Many others have already reached it. Ain't nobody got time for that.

It's partly why Taulbee quit earlier this year. He finds he just can't stomach the commitments necessary for his former achievements. When his current guild asked him to start raiding four nights a week to progress through one of Warlords of Draenor's raid instances, he just walked away and started devoting his time to games he could enjoy to their fullest on his free time. It's a mindset that's shared by Michael, our former guild leader, who hasn't played World of Warcraft since 2012 and who spends much of the free time he formerly devoted to games like World of Warcraft in shorter, match-based multiplayer games like League of Legends.

"I have time for raiding, to be honest," he says, "but there's a difference between having time and being able to say 'Yes, you can rely on me to be on from 7 to 11 on this night.'"

World of Warcraft's future thus depends on its ability to adapt to these circumstances
Old 05-10-2016, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

That bottom section should be in quotes. Sorry I'm bad at forums.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...thus depends on its ability to adapt to these circumstances
WoW Adapted. Rogean's attitude is answer to none. It shouldn't surpsie you of the mentatility this server has with it's host and creator with a well documented mindset as such. Then again you would just say you're not surprised, you would twist you're reasoning as a justified hero for the common man. Clearly Sirken has been as much of an advocate for the casual mindset. Answer my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question:
Why are you not interested in instance raiding? You seem to really want to play the game your way. In an instance you could do exactly. On top of which you wouldn't ever have to interact with the brothel going hardcore scum you detest of.

Now for my rant:
The whole training is against the rules is unfortunately a poor deflection from the real issue, because when we train mobs it isn't intended to train a person or guild. If this does happen, when we are caught, (yes I said caught) we concede. It's really that simple. You just don't want to deal. Or perhaps you are a masochist?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your mentality is exactly what's wrong with this server.
You have to keep in mind Maner literally said EQ was life. You cannot reason with an irrational person via rationality.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to keep in mind Maner literally said EQ was life. You cannot reason with an irrational person via rationality.
Nah kid. I said that as in life what you get out of a game like Everquest is directly proportionate to how much time and effort you put forth. That doesn't mean EQ is life it means that it shares that same principle with real life.

Now please learn to read and try not to take your liberally minded ignorance and spin what I say. Go back to phiny with the rest of BDA who couldn't cut it.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would require actual skill outside of not having a job.
Well you got that no job part on lockdown.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said that as in life what you get out of a game like Everquest is directly proportionate to how much time and effort you put forth. That doesn't mean EQ is life it means that it shares that same principle with real life..
'Cept that isn't particularly true either on P99 or out in the greater world. Progression on P99 is determined mostly by what guild a player chooses to join; success in the larger world depends primarily on the wealth of one's parents. The few exceptions to either simply serve to illustrate the general trend.

-------------------------------------------------

As for the raid situation....I've said it before, I'll say it again, the folks who want change are going about it wrong when they try to work within the system. Leave, organize a mass exodus, have a sit-in, do *something*. They'll continue ignoring you until you make yourselves impossible to ignore. If change can be made--that's debatable at this point--it'll take some sort of shock to motivate it. Nice guys finish last. I don't much care one way or the other--I don't raid to any great degree and don't plan on doing so--but I feel bad when I see decent folks like CSG beating their heads against the probverbial wall.

Danth
Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefboy777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you got that no job part on lockdown.
Sorry that you're jaded and having to resort to personal attacks. I have a job of course [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Orc

OP is one hardcore dude. God I wish I were that cool.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

If Breaken and Pint stop responding to these disgusting casual rats, eventually they'll starve themselves out of the food chain. Right now A/A are giving them breadcrumbs and we all know the, "Give a cuck a cookie" saying...
Closed Thread