Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah,.. as an iksar SK on red. I do understand what you're getting at. I just want to believe otherwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

On SZ you could just con people and tell what team they were on.

For evils, good conned scowls and neutrals conned threateningly.
For good, evils conned scowls and neutrals conned threateningly.
For neutral, evils conned scowls and good conned threateningly.

Your own teammates conned amiable or indifferent, I don't recall which. Point being, there was never any problem telling friend from foe because they were a human or other deity-ambiguous race. You knew instantly upon seeing them, if you weren't familiar with the name already (which you were 95% of the time).

SZ demonstrated conclusively that the Evil team (under an SZ rules system) had a number of structural advantages that made it much more powerful than the Good and Neutral teams. Some of these included:

1) Exclusive access to the two best races (Ogre and Iksar)
2) Exclusive access to two of the best PvP classes (SK and Necro)
3) Practically exclusive access to the OT hammer
4) Perhaps most important of all, near-exclusive access and total control of the entire continent of Kunark, allowing for faster leveling and gearing with much less interference from other teams

The story of SZ was powergamers (Ruin) realizing the structural advantages of the evil team and fully utilizing them to roll up an enormous PvE head start on the Neutral and Evil teams. That gap never closed in the classic era and the newts and goods were playing from far behind for all that time. And when I say a gap I'm talking about top Evil guilds (Ruin, then Hate) clearing ST and NToV while most Neutrals don't even have Thurg armor. And the Goods were barely even capable of a Hate/Fear clear. It was a tremendous disparity.

The point of this being: if you want to resurrect something similar to SZ rules, you would need to address these foundational problems. That was the entire basis of my proposed ruleset that I re-posted on page 2 of this thread.

Easiest fixes to balance teams under SZ rules:

1) FFA PvP within the Evil team
2) Introduce FV hammer (exactly the same as OT hammer except ports to FV, obtainable through a very grindy drolvarg fang quest)
3) Moderately buff the starting stats of goods and neutrals to compensate for their inherent structural disadvantages
Old 05-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

This was already promised several months prior to the release of Velious. That release was delayed due to Daybreak launching their own progression server after a quiet talk and agreement with the server staff. It is strongly speculated that as long as Daybreak continues to launch and support progression EQ, P1999 will not have the ability to launch any new servers. Ever.

I'm still looking for evidence to the contrary on this, and it's still not being presented. The evidence that HAS been presented was the server staff's ambition to launch such a server with the idea of eventually merging in the old red PvP server, as discussed on Red's forum board and Sirken's streams. All of that was quietly forgotten.

My advice is to just enjoy what you have, or attempt to get what you want from a different project. This one is parked indefinitely.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My advice is to just enjoy what you have, or attempt to get what you want from a different project. This one is parked indefinitely.
It's good advice, but I did think there was some speculation about Columbus Nova selling off the EQ franchise at some point.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:04 AM
Banned

I would play a pvp or teams server if daybreak launched it.

Dont trust p99 gms. Their lack of care is very evident in that red99 could have been something so special yet its a cesspit.
I know coz I spam the forums daily as an example of how cesspit like it is.

Want more evidence? All the pyschopaths, druggies and liars+cheats on blue server migrate to red because it calls to em.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 05-24-2017 at 05:07 AM..
Old 05-24-2017, 05:42 AM
Planar Protector

It's just going through a rough patch lately, that's all..
Old 05-24-2017, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastagoog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want more evidence? All the pyschopaths, druggies and liars+cheats on blue server migrate to red because it calls to em.
Working as intended, then. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2017, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

If I were DBG, I'd be OK with p99 releasing a PvP server, since DBG clearly has no intent to ever release a PvP server.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On SZ you could just con people and tell what team they were on.

For evils, good conned scowls and neutrals conned threateningly.
For good, evils conned scowls and neutrals conned threateningly.
For neutral, evils conned scowls and good conned threateningly.

Your own teammates conned amiable or indifferent, I don't recall which. Point being, there was never any problem telling friend from foe because they were a human or other deity-ambiguous race. You knew instantly upon seeing them, if you weren't familiar with the name already (which you were 95% of the time).

SZ demonstrated conclusively that the Evil team (under an SZ rules system) had a number of structural advantages that made it much more powerful than the Good and Neutral teams. Some of these included:

1) Exclusive access to the two best races (Ogre and Iksar)
2) Exclusive access to two of the best PvP classes (SK and Necro)
3) Practically exclusive access to the OT hammer
4) Perhaps most important of all, near-exclusive access and total control of the entire continent of Kunark, allowing for faster leveling and gearing with much less interference from other teams

The story of SZ was powergamers (Ruin) realizing the structural advantages of the evil team and fully utilizing them to roll up an enormous PvE head start on the Neutral and Evil teams. That gap never closed in the classic era and the newts and goods were playing from far behind for all that time. And when I say a gap I'm talking about top Evil guilds (Ruin, then Hate) clearing ST and NToV while most Neutrals don't even have Thurg armor. And the Goods were barely even capable of a Hate/Fear clear. It was a tremendous disparity.

The point of this being: if you want to resurrect something similar to SZ rules, you would need to address these foundational problems. That was the entire basis of my proposed ruleset that I re-posted on page 2 of this thread.

Easiest fixes to balance teams under SZ rules:

1) FFA PvP within the Evil team
2) Introduce FV hammer (exactly the same as OT hammer except ports to FV, obtainable through a very grindy drolvarg fang quest)
3) Moderately buff the starting stats of goods and neutrals to compensate for their inherent structural disadvantages

Name color, in addition to '/consider' works fine.

Enemy factions should be "Threateningly", while your team should be "Regards you as an ally".

I don't think FFA PvP on the evil team would be a good idea. Too many ways to abuse that in mass PvP..

Yes - we absolutely would need an FV hammer, or... remove the OT hammer. Either works.

I think the most obvious buff we can give to Good/Neutral, would be allowing Frontal Stun immunity on Dwarves and/or Barbarians. Or... remove Frontal Stun immunity from Ogres completely.

((Another thing to consider would be opening up the Froglok or Vah Shir races.. we could allow them to start in freeport or something, but it would give one of the factions more flexibility. I don't think we should do this, but it's something to consider. I think we could balance the classic races.))
Old 05-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

I work 100% be in favor or this, and it'd bring me back to this game
Closed Thread