Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Tanthallas & doraf & "hard-cores" in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas
FIXING the raid scene has nothing to do with the number of mobs you or anyone else is getting because the number of mobs that any guild is getting is based upon things other than what is wrong with the raid scene.
This IS, essentially, the most basic form of the problem. No matter how the raiding rules are changed or manipulated, the top guilds WILL find a way to exploit them and restrict access to as many other players as possible.

Ask yourself - why are we in this current raid crisis? Let me tell you. We're in this dilemma because the casual players, for the most part, are individuals who enjoyed EQ when they were younger (and presumably, had less responsibilities in life) and have returned to re-live that experience. This "experience", for many of us included actually killing raid mobs and actually seeing our own character with their epic!! We could care less that other players out there also have good gear - in fact, many of us probably encourage this kind of result.

Alas, the good players of this community have come to realize that this "experience" is not nostalgic at all. Instead, our enjoyment has been obstructed by a bunch of narcissistic, immature real-life bottom-dwellers that regrettably gain happiness from preventing other people from being happy. This behavior is not conducive to the type of server Rogean had in mind.

Let me explain something to you (this is directed to the "hard-core" crowd), since I know you don't leave your poop-cave very often. If you're a member of TMO, I have come to the conclusion that you are either:

A) A leach to society. That is, receiving some sort of government benefits (wellfare, disability, etc...) or living off someone else (living in a basement eating your mother's home-cooked meatloaf). If this is the case, and I'm sure this applies to many of you, so listen up - you are receiving "free handouts" in real life and have absolutely no room to talk. Take a few hours to mull this over carefully, open a dictionary and find the word "hypocrite" and then come back and start acting like a mature human being.

B) Someone who actually has a real job, and in rare (but disgraceful) cases has a family. If this is you, realize that you are legitimately addicted to a video game and consider seeking professional help. Seriously. I could elaborate on this one, but just thinking about people in this category makes me break out in tears and weep.

C) A high school twit, in which case please, for the love of god, go back to playing on your X-Box.

D) An extremely old person who literally has nothing better to do with their time. If this is the case, then by-golly I apologize for my rant.

The world isn't going to explode if other players start getting their epics, competing in VP and killing Trakanon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas
Equality is not gained when everyone has an equal end distribution of things but when there are no systemic barriers to rewards corresponding to the value of the thing that is created / effort that is put forth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doraf
What's the point of playing this game long term if things are just handed to you? Why is the fix always throw more mobs into the mix? These items are meant to be rare and hard to obtain. Adding more mobs and rotations is not going to make this a better server.
I really hope you guys aren't liberals IRL. If you are, you're the biggest hypocrite on earth. I wouldn't be surprised though, this is typical behavior of Obama-humpers.

Quote:
We already have a problem of too many epics, highly geared toons, way too many level 60's and you guys really think adding a rotation and throwing more mobs at the server is going to make it better?
LOL that's an opinion if I've ever heard one. Come join my guild and see how many of our Necros, SKs, Wizards, Mages, Druids, and Bards have epics. Out of those that do, lets see how many were *forced* to buy a crucial quest piece from TMO via MQ. Yeah, that's what I thought.

And yes, for the record giving the "casuals" a fighting chance to receive their epics WILL make it better. You probably forgot what this felt like after receiving your 5th epic.

Quote:
I could be a NBA star, but I choose not too to be. I could have a master degree, but I chose not to. I think the university should rotate a degree to me and NBA should pay me like a star for whatever justifiable excuse I have.
Nice analogy! You're forgetting that this isn't real-life. This isn't even a for-profit game. The server isn't gaining ANYTHING by having you play on it, except of course giving TMO/FE members a good-looking character to wank it to. The behavior of many "hard-core" players on this server are going against the grain with respect to the direction Rogean wants HIS server to go. The masses have spoken - deal with it.

I think that I'm correct in assuming that Rogean is operating under a utilitarian stance. He is trying to make the greatest number of players on his server as happy as possible. As it stands, TMO/FE/IB represent a minority of the server population. He's more concerned with making everyone else happy than you guys. This is perfectly logical.

You're lucky I'm not in charge of the servers. I would send all the "hard core" players to another server where they can battle it out amongst themselves and leave the casual players on this server.

Quote:
Let's say we go with one of these rotation/more repops ideas and in 3 months your entire guild has epics and all the gear they want. Then what? Game over, no longer "everquest."
Wrong. This may be true for you, but certainly not everyone.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Shit's too long.

Will you just shut the fuck up whoever you are. We're probably going to come to an agreement soon so the hour it took you to type that retarded shit out is totally wasted. Kill yourself.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit's too long.

Will you just shut the fuck up whoever you are. We're probably going to come to an agreement soon so the hour it took you to type that retarded shit out is totally wasted. Kill yourself.
Every post ever about the raid scene lately.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP should recognize that there can be a solution that fits everyone's playstyle and this box isn't just about him.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Banned

talking shit about a "hard-core crowd" yet gives wall of txt, stfu
Old 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Aviak

11/10 must read !
Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

The unfortunate thing is that neither the T1 nor the T2 guilds are actually advocating for a classic EQ end-game.

T1 guilds want a no-lifer paradise where the most time-invested players get the most loot, in direct proportion to their time investments.

T2 guilds want a communist rotation where everyone is handed a few dragons every so often so everyone can enjoy the end game.

What should be is a reversion to classic EQ rules where T1 guilds literally cannot monopolize the raid scene because the rules don't benefit massive zergs or no-lifer trackers enough to prevent competition from T2 guilds that invest far less time and compete with significantly less members.

This would allow every guild a fair opportunity at every mob without any hand-outs, but it would also prevent T1 guilds from winning 95% of these opportunities because being the most invested simply wouldn't be that enormous of an advantage.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

I kinda of advocated in my post in the raid forums for EQ CLassic style variance (incredibly minimal), but that would require either Clickquest raiding or rotations and we know people don't like to share here so......
Stunz Andmezs - 60 Enchanter
Bripip - 60 Wizard
Bogmuk - 59 Warrior
Rational - 55 Shaman
Paradoxy - 42 Ranger
Old 01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Classic EQ endgame is impossible with a single server stuck in the same expansion for 3 years.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask yourself - why are we in this current raid crisis? Let me tell you. We're in this dilemma because the casual players, for the most part, are individuals who enjoyed EQ when they were younger (and presumably, had less responsibilities in life) and have returned to re-live that experience. This "experience", for many of us included actually killing raid mobs and actually seeing our own character with their epic!! We could care less that other players out there also have good gear - in fact, many of us probably encourage this kind of result.

Alas, the good players of this community have come to realize that this "experience" is not nostalgic at all. Instead, our enjoyment has been obstructed by a bunch of narcissistic, immature real-life bottom-dwellers that regrettably gain happiness from preventing other people from being happy. This behavior is not conducive to the type of server Rogean had in mind.
I agree with you except for that last part about what Rogean had in mind. I'm no longer convinced that he had the majority and nostalgia at heart, maybe he once did but I think he has become dependent on the God like praise and attention he receives from these "hardcore" tmo types.

I bet 90% of the people that have ever played here at one time shared this vision and were here to enjoy reliving some fun eq experiences, but most have been turned off and quit shortly after realizing that they'll never get to raid or get their epics with out either farming play, rmt'ing some plat or joining the neck beards and flushing the other aspects of their lives down the toilet
Closed Thread