Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Default Siren's Grotto Since Patch

In the two temples with a lot of sirens, since patch there seems to be an issue with aggro/pathing.

For example, before the patch there was a relative safe spot in the temple closest to WW (where you drop down the well), there was only 1 siren's roamer to take care of and then you could fight there for hours.

Since patch, when you get there, you can take care of the roamer, but then eventually, within about 5 minutes a massive train of sirens from above will come. This happened 4 times in a row; no pets, no one casting, no warning. I can only guess it has something to do with the pathing and/or vertical aggro.

We then moved to the other temple, the one closer to CS, and the same thing happened. Killed one siren, no problem, move to other siren, start fighting, and then a minute or so into fight a massive train was upon us.

thank you,

Astuce
Old 02-19-2017, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Did the mobs flee? Have they fled in the past?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, then I suspect this is related to the change related to social aggro from mobs that share a faction.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Sarnak

Nothing fleeing; one time we didn't even have aggro on anything and all of a sudden train showed up.

My guess it's that the pathing is fubar and mobs "ghost" through floors when pathing and then train.

Astuce
Old 02-19-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned

Only one mob flees in SG and it isn't up for very long usually. It's a weird and strange place. Random trains like that can occur from seahorses warping under the world and taking a long path back for instance. Adds to the charm!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Had a feeling that since most people don't know the zone it would be just comments of "it's a quirky zone".

Sucks because I was one of the very few people who would be able to motivate brave souls to go there.

Hopefully it's a worldwide bug that causes problems in other zones and will be eventually fixed.

*note: most sirens flee, seahorses are immune to snare.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Aviak

I really think It is a pathing issue and as far i know it was like that before the patch.

Those 2 areas you are talking about are connected by a network of underwater tunnels (i dont know if youve ever fully explored the zone with a factioned character, but you can freely navigate from the CS-side siren area to the main temple.

Everytime this happened to me , and believe me it did, it was because a mob aggro'd (proximity, roamer that you didnt see cause this zone fucks your eyes after a while) or pulled a mob to a very certain area and the mob then thinks that the fastest way to you was to navigate the whole underwater tunnels and do the full loop, and come back to you, bringing about 3/4s of the zone at the same time.

You can even test it if you want and ping pong a mob as there are a few spots corners , ledges and even algeas in the water that cause this that i know about. There are probably more.

You just have to be on the ball and spot this mob behavior, because you will have plenty of time to log off or gate to prevent wipe. it takes about 50 secs for the train to arrive.

If you are charming, your pet can also demonstrate the same behavior and start circling the whole way around to finish off your running mob if "something" gets in his way.

My partner and i just saw it as added difficulty in the end and learned the zone so much that we knew the exact spots in the floor where it was potentially dangerous to bring a mob.

Good luck
Last edited by Zenjai; 02-21-2017 at 04:00 PM..
Old 02-21-2017, 04:06 PM
Aviak

I am also aware of 2 sirens that path through walls. 1 in each temple.

We used to put timer for when to expect them pop out.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Banned

do mobs still de agro when you leave the water? is that classic or a local bug?
Closed Thread