Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Easiest way to get a Haste Item for lowbie

So I have a 18 warrior that I am starting to play again. She is pretty decked out but the one thing she is missing is a haste item.

My friend and I planned to take our lvl 50's over to Guk to get a FBSS but if I recall from a couple months back when I was playing before was that that camp is pretty much perma camped. So other than spending plat on something, what is the easiest haste item to get that will work for ~25 lvls or so?

Using the Wiki Haste guide, it seems the Swiftclaw Sash would be the next easiest but also only 6% haste. Can anyone else offer up other suggestions?

Haste Guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
Old 05-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I have a 18 warrior that I am starting to play again. She is pretty decked out but the one thing she is missing is a haste item.

My friend and I planned to take our lvl 50's over to Guk to get a FBSS but if I recall from a couple months back when I was playing before was that that camp is pretty much perma camped. So other than spending plat on something, what is the easiest haste item to get that will work for ~25 lvls or so?

Using the Wiki Haste guide, it seems the Swiftclaw Sash would be the next easiest but also only 6% haste. Can anyone else offer up other suggestions?

Haste Guide: http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide
Just farm plats get 2k and buy silver chitin handwraps. 22% haste, for 2k, hard to beat that tbh.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just farm plats get 2k and buy silver chitin handwraps. 22% haste, for 2k, hard to beat that tbh.
Funny thing, my 53 cleric is logged in valks lab as we speak. Maybe will see if I can find a group to get one.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

If Velks doesn't work out sell everything but your weapons and buy haste.

At 18 trash drop armor is going to be more than sufficient.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Velks doesn't work out sell everything but your weapons and buy haste.

At 18 trash drop armor is going to be more than sufficient.
Well from my previous times playing P99, most of the gear my war has is not too bad. Skyfire sword, crafted and banded pieces. Some other stuff, so think I will hold onto that but my main might have enough to buy something.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

fbss isnt really all that camped.... the main prob with getting it is its a pretty difficult camp so you are normally /randoming for it - or if you can solo/duo it it takes forever to even get the right mob to spawn then its a very rare drop on top of that. I camped it in pickup groups on my war for a few weeks - when one finally dropped i lost the roll to a cleric lol.. ended up just buying one. Belt slot is superior to hand wraps because there are some nice glove items out there for war. Good thing is handwraps will keep their value so you can always buy them for early levels/sell them them when upgrade time comes around. Or alternatively you can raid in sky and try to get one of the common drop haste belts. Good luck!
Last edited by aaezil; 05-06-2017 at 10:21 PM..
Old 05-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah FBSS camp isn't too hard to find open, but honestly it isn't worth the time. Unless you just get really lucky, you'll have to spend several hours there to *maybe* see one drop. Camp/buy SCHW or try your hand at either hangman's noose (tracker required) or swiftclaw sash (wiki says 15% haste, not 6%, but still a rare quest reward).
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 05-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

there's also a haste item you can quest in Stonebrunt... I think it might be more around 25 or so...
Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

I ended up just purchasing a SCHW. Luckily my main had the cash on hand. Thanks for the help all.
Closed Thread