Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never had a close con break "constantly" as a necro. in fact i would have to say 80% of all my charm durations go to just about max.

you can FD with your pet up and it doesn't matter... In fact if you FD with your pet out without have agro on anything your pet is not KoS. If you FD with a charmed pet the charm breaks but the monster forgets you. Unless your FD fails.
The closer to your level you charm, the better chance the mob has to get a level roll on you and break charm. Sure, you can randomly beat the level roll over and over, but law of mathematics, you're going to lose more rolls the closer in level your charmed target is. I typically shoot for an 8 level gap and have pretty good success. This is more difficult to do in the 30's and 40's and still get good xp. So you're going to deal with more breaks during that time frame.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The closer to your level you charm, the better chance the mob has to get a level roll on you and break charm. Sure, you can randomly beat the level roll over and over, but law of mathematics, you're going to lose more rolls the closer in level your charmed target is. I typically shoot for an 8 level gap and have pretty good success. This is more difficult to do in the 30's and 40's and still get good xp. So you're going to deal with more breaks during that time frame.
i wouldnt say go charm whites or yellows let alone reds. But i leveled from 48-60 in HS without a singe instance of charms breaking constantly.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wouldnt say go charm whites or yellows let alone reds. But i leveled from 48-60 in HS without a singe instance of charms breaking constantly.
No they break inconveniently in HS. Like as soon as your pet aggro's, charm breaks and you have 4 Harmtouches rolling right for you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have never had a close con break "constantly" as a necro. in fact i would have to say 80% of all my charm durations go to just about max.

you can FD with your pet up and it doesn't matter... In fact if you FD with your pet out without have agro on anything your pet is not KoS. If you FD with a charmed pet the charm breaks but the monster forgets you. Unless your FD fails.
Its been my experience that pet agro on mobs will break your FD - is this not accurate? For example; If Kobeber is fighting a monster and all of a sudden 6 orcs train on you - if you FD while Kobeber is still fighting - the train will come and roll you into the ground after they disbatch Kobeber. In the same manner that you can not FD and just operate your pet to kill things and remain FD'ed. When your pet gets any sort of agro after the FD it breaks your FD. This may not be the exact mechanic but it seems close enough.

Maybe 'constantly' isn't the right word - just trying to give the guy warning that charming can be a pain in the ass and gets much easier as you get into the 50+ range
Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its been my experience that pet agro on mobs will break your FD - is this not accurate? For example; If Kobeber is fighting a monster and all of a sudden 6 orcs train on you - if you FD while Kobeber is still fighting - the train will come and roll you into the ground after they disbatch Kobeber. In the same manner that you can not FD and just operate your pet to kill things and remain FD'ed. When your pet gets any sort of agro after the FD it breaks your FD. This may not be the exact mechanic but it seems close enough.

Maybe 'constantly' isn't the right word - just trying to give the guy warning that charming can be a pain in the ass and gets much easier as you get into the 50+ range
No, if you have aggro and you FD and the mob that aggro'd you kills your pet then after your pet has died the mob will not figure out that you are FD. For instance:

Kobeber is tanking a mob for you in HS. You are chilling in the background. Suddenly a patroler comes by and aggros on Kobeber and fires off it's HT. You see that you aren't going to be able to kill both mobs so you hit FD. FD is successful and moments later Kobeber dies (noblely in your defense) the mobs will not fly over and attack you.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No, and no. Your pet is considered its own entity once you FD. you can even get EXP while being FD and having your pet just kill stuff that agros onto it i think.

If you have a mob on your pet and 6 more agro you, when you FD they will all go to your pet, if it is in agro range. Your pet will die but as soon as it dies the monsters will stop and start to reset. The only way this would not be the case is if your FD failed, and if that was the case the monsters would kill you before running to your pet.

While you are FD with a pet out you can send that pet on anything within agro range of you and it will never break your FD. You will not get faction hits for anything killed this way though.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You will not get faction hits for anything killed this way though.
Great for burning stuff down in skyshrine without killing your faction.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebutthat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great for burning stuff down in skyshrine without killing your faction.
Without using a pet Dots + FD = faster PL than a monk and usually even a druid
Old 05-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Aviak

Ok so I hope to hit 18 tonight. Any suggestions on where to go then?
Old 06-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bporter721 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate all the replies!!

Currently I am about two yellows away from 17. I have been farming sisters since level 13 and have filled my pockets up decently well. I am enjoying the class. I have been following that guide mentioned above, I just couldn't get away from the money at the sisters camp yet ��

If you see me around say hey!

Qorbix Iksar Necro
Soon, those who hunt the sisters may not want to have their back to the forest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]