Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Angry Overthere - Kunark Rhino(s)

Would like to discuss something I'm trying to wrap my head around... first off these guys are damn fast, I strafe-run in greater wolf form for a football field and still get caught on snares after they resist the first time... That's one peeve.

The second - I logged in this morning and got back to my routine of tracking down a blue con rhino, ensnaring it, and charming it when I find my desired kill target.
At worst I've had charm break maybe 3-4 times a fight, or been resisted twice at the get go or during said fight.Mind you I've probably charm-killed over 100 mobs in the last couple days, but This morning of all mornings - I go to pull a rhino, land snare after a couple attempts, then I attempt to charm the thing. Resisted. and then resisted 6 more consecutive times - by the time I'm down to 30% mana or something. What was up with that MR on that damn thing - I don't know if I was just SoL or something but that seemed a little odd and frustrating nonetheless!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Those rhinos are no joke. Charm chickens they are easier.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this post, but I'm curious what level you are. Level is a HUGE factor when it comes to resists.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Rhinos in OT are very dangerous because of their run speed.
OT Tigers hit like trucks.
Stick to cactus and chicken for ez targets
Certain sarknak in OT can be rough at lower levels too.

In regards to charms breaking. I strongly encourage you to charm things that con green to you. Your level vs the targets level is one factor in the charm formula for all classes.
You don't mention if you're an enchanter or druid. Get your charm target's MR down and if you're an enchanter try to get your CHA up to 200-205.

Don't get discouraged. OT is just one stop along the path [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also yeah, wrong sub-forum.

---
I have a theory that there is some server side rng going on behind the scenes that says. Resist, Root Break, Charm Break, etc for a random period of time. I honestly believe the devs have something in place to make the game harder on purpose at random times. And if I video recorded every time I've seen this phenomenon I'm sure it would get talked about.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-21-2017 at 12:57 PM..
Old 05-22-2017, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Considering you can get xp off rhinos tigers and cocks in OT (oh my!) at lvl 56..they are pretty high level
Old 05-22-2017, 02:59 AM
Aviak

Default Seriously tho huh?!

---
I have a theory that there is some server side rng going on behind the scenes that says. Resist, Root Break, Charm Break, etc for a random period of time. I honestly believe the devs have something in place to make the game harder on purpose at random times. And if I video recorded every time I've seen this phenomenon I'm sure it would get talked about.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-22-2017, 03:09 AM
Aviak

picked a rhino after I hit 36 in FM. Bastard resisted my lower Charm animals - then I tried Beguile Animals ( lvl 34 ) and he resisted - tried it again and it landed. He broke that at 35% then continued to resist 5 or 6 more charms.... and on top of that Ensnare broke on him. Meaning I can quad kite in the time it takes to deal with one of these cracked-out rhinos that seem to spawn within the table and have higher MR than any other one. I bet they did it as some way to adjust the flow of things around these areas - I'm all for your theory!

P.S. I ran the bastard all the way to FM cause he has bard speed and ish - anyways, I get back, pick on him just to see if it's truly RNG or if he's just OP. HE resisted my first 3 charms before I rooted him and zoned. EFFthatdeveloper

please move this to Rants and Flames! I'm rather POSITIVE ill be back
Last edited by Bashmeister; 05-22-2017 at 03:15 AM..
Old 05-22-2017, 04:14 AM
Banned

rhinos in OT are part of the select group of overtuned mobs on p1999

much like myconids their MR on p1999 is far higher then on live

ps. ensnare does not "break", it wears off, there is no per/tick chance for it to break - given that the base duration is 6.8 minutes, if you can't kill a mob in that timeframe its prolly best not to try and grind those mobs
Old 05-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Aviak

So I'm back unfortunately >< - now the culprit is a sabertooth tigress who resisted 10 charms - about half/half of charm animals/beguile animals. Before someone tries to throw some condescending crap - these are lower than most rhino's and def all tigers. So, why'd this one decide to resist EVERY charm I used? What is the damn matter with the variations in mobs and their MR or whatever the hells someone is gonna bring up.

I''m beyond frustrated because I've killed here hella smooth - it's not hard at all. But when you run into a mob that happens to resist that many charms it fucks up your whole system and morning in fact. I believe they need to look into this - shit's broken