Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Default warrior weapons 20 - 40

ive done some searching on the forums and ive found A LOT if threads asking for this advice and a lot of discussion on the merits of going straight ratio / dps vs procs at low to mid levels. however almost all of these were pre velious, some even pre kunark.

is 2 lammys still considered the best warrior agro weapons until you can use 2 procing SSoYs at 37 ( or even better now ) ? or has velious changed that with weapons like venomous axe of the velium brood which has a pretty meating proc at level 1?

as I said in the post on the caster board i just recently recovered my lost account and i have a level 20 warrior on it id like to get back into playing him but not sure which direction to go anymore with weapons.

also rather than starting a new thread, is crafted armor still decent? or should i aim for cructeacean shell stuff until i can get him velious armor? i have a 54 mage I can use to farm some stuff for him.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

10:20ish primary, venomous axe secondary, 20% worn haste (group with enchanters to cap it), 150 or so worn AC and a couple of hp/ac rings will easily get you to your velious class armour.

Get infestation and frostbringer if you can. If not Trochilic's Skean is a fairly common rot in Steamfont and makes a decent enough off hand for the 40s.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-27-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Old 05-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Take note, Seatee's warrior is 20ish. He'll probably want to hold out on 2handers (if he goes that route) until at least 30, due to DMG camps.

You are right that 2 handers are a viable option for 30s and 40s.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Reaver worked well i found.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

right now my baby 19 warrior is rocking a lammy and a venemous axe of the velium brood, would it be worthwhile to invest in a wurmslayer for my offhand? would a lammy / wurmy combo be good agro or mostly just nice dps? or should i rock what i have til 40 when i can get a sarnak warhammer and yakesha proc weapons?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Wurmslayer is main-hand only. Ykesha doesn't start procing until 37. Scorpikis Claw Impaler is higher aggro and procs at 30.

WESS procs at level 1.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

The biggest upgrade you can have at the moment is a group mate rooting your target and you standing on its toes to guarantee you're the one getting hit.

If you want to use a wurmslayer consider it might not hit full DMG until 30 and is primary only.

For your 40s I again urge you to find a Trochilic's Skean. While gaming spam /who all steamfont: if you see a high level druid/rogue in there ask if they are doing Renux and if you can loot the rotting Skean. It's a 2:5 off hand weapon with a very high aggro proc which reduces incoming damage. Only drawback is the dot element continually breaking mezs if you proc on the wrong target, but that shouldn't happen if you are MAing well.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

The dot on the skean barely even last for a full tick, two ticks at the most if it hits at the right time.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Am I remembering correctly that Wess is one of the better if not best tradeable agro weapons at the moment?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best 2hander you can find. Staff of Battle/Excuisite Velium etc.

Will shit on any 1h combination for aggro except blade of carnage and swiftblade until your 50's. And xp rate is higher as more dps than all the 'aggro' proc weapons.