Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 03:47 AM
VIP / Contributor

confirmed Dunk & Egg not one of the planned spinoff shows, same with Robert's Rebellion.
source: GRRM's blog, http://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

Well played George, well played.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-16-2017, 08:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

omg.. what if Jon Snow is Daenerys' Nissa Nissa

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 05-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confirmed Dunk & Egg not one of the planned spinoff shows, same with Robert's Rebellion.
source: GRRM's blog, http://grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

Well played George, well played.
All I got out of this is that HBO cut him out and the new writers are milking him for all he's worth before production starts and George's name won't even find its way into the credits.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:07 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I got out of this is that HBO cut him out and the new writers are milking him for all he's worth before production starts and George's name won't even find its way into the credits.
good. that asshole needs to write book 6. its sad no dunk & egg spinoff tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-17-2017, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

By process of elimination, looks like they're focused on the Dance of the Dragons.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Dance would be cool. I'd like a Essos based series... it won't happen but the Free Cities and their politics as they fought each other would be entertaining IMO
Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By process of elimination, looks like they're focused on the Dance of the Dragons.
thing is, he said no to Dunk & Egg and to Robert's Rebellion. And if they are planning 3-4 different things, then most of those things won't be based on any books. It will essentially be fan fiction expanded history within the world prior to book1/Season1. And if we're going that route (which it looks like we are), then they can literally do anything or make up anything they want.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-19-2017, 03:25 AM
Fire Giant

Well there are three or four proposals, not three or four series' that have been optioned. We're still talking about possible options here. It's conspicuous that he would rule out robert's rebellion and dunk and egg, two eras that have a lot of written history, but fail to rule out DoD, which has a fairly massive amount of written history.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well there are three or four proposals, not three or four series' that have been optioned. We're still talking about possible options here. It's conspicuous that he would rule out robert's rebellion and dunk and egg, two eras that have a lot of written history, but fail to rule out DoD, which has a fairly massive amount of written history.
so regarding Robert's Rebellion, he said that by the end of "A Song of Ice and Fire" there will be no point in making a story or show about Robert's Rebellion, meaning they are probably going to cover the events of (as well as the events leading up to and after) the tourny at Harrenhal, as well as any other main things associated with the rebellion.

as for Dunk & Egg, George said that he doesnt want to be in the same situation where the show passes the book and gets to finish his story before he does, and he plans on writing at least 9 more Dunk & Egg short stories.

so that leaves us with book things things like "The Long Night", "The Age of Heros", "Aegon's Conquest", "The Doom of Valyria", "The Dance of the Dragons", and pretty much any other event we know of. Hell it could just simply follow the Targ dynasty from Aegon the Conqueror to Aerys the Mad King.

but it also opens up room for anything within the world that hasn't been covered by the books yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-28-2017, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Congratulations Sirken for 887 posts in this thread. I feel like I can live the GoT world vicariously through you. Looking forward to the new season.