Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default Siren's Grotto Enthralled Mob Drop Rates

I have noticed that the drop rates from these particular mobs do not drop items, especially gems, nearly as much as they should:

1. An Enthralled Molkor
2. An Enthralled Bulthar
3. An Enthralled Ulthork

I have killed quite a few and they almost never drop gems; however, according to multiple comments from Allakhazam circa 2001, they should be dropping nearly 3 gems every single time and dropping netted kelp as a rare, but still fairly often. See the following comments from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6346

Quote 1:
The Enthralled Bulthors, Moltors and Ulthorks drop 3+ gems everytime. Random chance to get very rare velious quest gem. Ive had Crushed Black marble and Crushed Flame emerald drop off one moltor before. Common gems are onyx, pearls, crushed nephrite, crushed chrisolite, and flawed emerald (velious quest gem). All other gems are random drops. They also drop Netted Kelp armor which is fairly good twink armor and great +int and +SV fire for the higher levels.

Quote 2:
Icys rarely drop arm/leg quest gems. And commonly drop crap gems. Enthralled Critters always have 2 or 3 items, usually crap gems and jewelry, but often enough drop boot/hand/wrist/head gems. They also, of course, rarely drop netted kelp. Not TOO rarely tho, and a 3-4 hour hunting expedition of the Enthralleds can net 4-5 pieces.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

^
Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't Siren's Grotto go through a few 'patches' to make the zone easier? I haven't looked when those quotes were from, but were they before the patch or after?

I believe we are in Siren's Grotto 1.0 (beast mode). I think the patch made some mobs easier and made the mode 'more enticing to players' or something... possibly increased gem drop rate?
Old 05-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't Siren's Grotto go through a few 'patches' to make the zone easier? I haven't looked when those quotes were from, but were they before the patch or after?

I believe we are in Siren's Grotto 1.0 (beast mode). I think the patch made some mobs easier and made the mode 'more enticing to players' or something... possibly increased gem drop rate?
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217523

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology