Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoselic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you don't like it don't play the fucking game

if you want casual convenience go back to wow

btw overturned was not the right word to use for that sentence, don't act all high and mighty just because you use words incorrectly
Lets google overtuned... "Overtuned is a combination of two words "Tuned" and "over". Tuning referring to the difficulty of a fight due to how the numbers were set, while over meaning that the numbers were set above where they should be."

Hard concept for you, I understand.

What part of wiping within 5 minutes don't you understand? Please go get a Everquest group that wipes that often (they use GM commands to res) and let me know how long people stick around for.. And your answer to that is to "go play wow." It apparently went way over your head so I'll repeat myself. If people are dying, in a game where dying is REALLY RARE AND REALLY BAD THING TO HAVE HAPPEN TO YOU DUE TO CORPSE RUNS AND EXP LOSS, it needs to be tuned correctly. Do you understand that now?

And to your totally mature comment of "If you don't like it don't play the fucking game" It's called feedback on a game that is still in development you fool. I question your intelligence at this point and am done communicating with you, whoever you are.
Last edited by Tankdan; 05-04-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

I wish more gaming objectives were "overtuned"... should be more "Unbeatable objectives", "Attentive Players" and "Knowledgable Theorists"... alas, eq killed them all long ago...

still hype...

Peace...
Old 05-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets google overtuned... "Overtuned is a combination of two words "Tuned" and "over". Tuning referring to the difficulty of a fight due to how the numbers were set, while over meaning that the numbers were set above where they should be."

Hard concept for you, I understand.

What part of wiping within 5 minutes don't you understand? Please go get a Everquest group that wipes that often (they use GM commands to res) and let me know how long people stick around for.. And your answer to that is to "go play wow." It apparently went way over your head so I'll repeat myself. If people are dying, in a game where dying is REALLY RARE AND REALLY BAD THING TO HAVE HAPPEN TO YOU DUE TO CORPSE RUNS AND EXP LOSS, it needs to be tuned correctly. Do you understand that now?

And to your totally mature comment of "If you don't like it don't play the fucking game" It's called feedback on a game that is still in development you fool. I question your intelligence at this point and am done communicating with you, whoever you are.
"overtune" wouldn't be an accurate word to depict the difficulty of a few mobs, why not just use the word difficult? why do you feel the need to compel yourself to show the world your use of obscure vocabulary? perhaps you're overcompensating for something

i've never seen somebody get this mad before, you may question my intelligence but i sure as hell don't question your temper and maturity

also there are very simple reason why the mobs may have seemed "overtuned" if you couldn't figure it out already. if they breeze through what is supposed to be a difficult and fun dungeon, people aren't going to be very interested in the game are they? they're also talking and explaining to over 10,000 viewers what the game is and how everything works so they weren't devoting 100% of their attention to the group, and while i'm at it they did emphasis on the group composition itself was off. you have a rogue using it's only cc skill when they emphasized that CC is going to be a big part of the game. last and definitely not least, they're still testing the game out, meaning not everything is perfect. Hard concept for you, I understand.

apparently it went way over your head so I'll repeat myself, if you still find the mobs are a bit "overtuned" after release, maybe a game like WoW would be best for you no?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

They even said that that last mob was a red con. All the others were probably high blue, white and yellow cons.

Now take a non twinked classic EQ group at around level 28 pulling mobs in that range. The result would be about the same. You don't see that a lot in p1999 because everybody and their cousin is twinked to the brim. Usual untwinked group pulls blue or white and is challenged by yellows, especially when they bring adds. Even low reds take good preparation. And that's how it *should* be.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They even said that that last mob was a red con. All the others were probably high blue, white and yellow cons.

Now take a non twinked classic EQ group at around level 28 pulling mobs in that range. The result would be about the same. You don't see that a lot in p1999 because everybody and their cousin is twinked to the brim. Usual untwinked group pulls blue or white and is challenged by yellows, especially when they bring adds. Even low reds take good preparation. And that's how it *should* be.
I'll back this up. Tankdan seems like a "overtuned" idiot
Old 05-05-2017, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Agreed. It's not much different on Uthgard. Full group in Keltoi Fogou wiped every 10 minutes because of 1 player. Group did eventually disband but reformed minus the 1 player. No matter how much QQ goes on, players are pretty resilient. Yeah they will quit, but at some point they'll come back and try again. It's hard accepting defeat, especially in a game where you can see that, somehow, other players are advancing.

What happened when DAoC players tried P99...

Quote:
Postby svperstar » Sep 14, 2014 10:08 So I played 2-3 hours on Project 1999. No, absolutely not... I really wanted to join you guys and have some fun but Project 1999 isn't fun... It is like paying some 7 foot tall 400 pound dude to come your house and beat you with a baseball bat...

Postby svperstar » Sep 14, 2014 21:23 It was kind of a dick move me Rage Quitting when you guys came all the way to help me out, however the reason I quit is I literally walked over 2 hills and got lost...I might try again but I dunno...

Postby svperstar » Sep 28, 2014 10:23 I have been playing again I am level 12 now. Brutal game but its fun.
Also the Pantheon team did say that they were aware how strong the mobs seemed but that they'd rather work backwards from things being too hard than to simply scrap a certain mechanic or whatever. In other words, they're trying to see if the impossible can be done and when it absolutely cannot no matter the strategy employed, they scale the difficulty back just a bit and try again. That's what I took from the stream at least.

Just imagine how a pre-alpha EverQuest would have gone over back in 1998(97?) if streaming were possible back then.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm I'd play it
Old 05-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Things will ramp up and change drastically with the new round of investors that just closed. A ton of art positions opened they are hiring for..look for things to pretty up a lot moving forward
Old 05-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until it fowls up like Vanguard and Brad steals more funds like how he did on kickstarter LOL.

My prediction is it'll be sold once again before it's even finished.
I'm lazy. Has Pantheon been sold to someone?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Banned

god those niche PC fantasy roleplay game developers are such bloodsucking criminals.
Closed Thread