Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

If I may ask, how much did the Runed Blade set you back in EC?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sent you PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About 2k according to the wiki and auction sites. I don't see any reason to keep such a negligible amount so secret.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About 2k according to the wiki and auction sites. I don't see any reason to keep such a negligible amount so secret.
He asked a question and what I paid for it is none of your concern. So, I sent him a PM.

Not sure why you care that I sent him a PM and did not tell the forumquesters what I paid for it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

***My ingame financial uses and gains cannot be shared with random elfs on the forums, as it is a true business here and such information can be used against me! Even something as lowly and cheap as a Runed Blade purchase provides invaluable information to strange elfs, perhaps you just fail to see the importance of such info!
Last edited by Lhancelot; 05-04-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Old 05-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Kobold

Damn Runed Blade looks awesome for aggro and tanking as a 2hser. Man, adding that to my list of things to acquire! Thanks for the tip Lhancelot
Old 05-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn Runed Blade looks awesome for aggro and tanking as a 2hser. Man, adding that to my list of things to acquire! Thanks for the tip Lhancelot
NP, I seen it being sold 2 times in EC, and the first time went and looked it up on Allakhazam but really have not heard anyone's personal experience with it here on p99.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Yeah thanks for the tip! I'll be spending the next 4+ levels in Karnor's so hopefully I can catch me a Knight of Sathir or two in there. Apparently I'll need to find some rogues to group with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing it to a SoB, since I know you have experience with that weapon...
It's a .837 ratio weapon, whereas the Runed Blade is a .65 ratio weapon. I haven't done any parsing on it, but I'd be surprised if the RB was better for tanking. The only thing I can see it being useful for, is the AoE aggro if you happen to have adds in camp (and you're already on their hate list.)

Even using it solo, I would imagine the loss of DPS would be more noticeable than the rune 3 procs. It's worth messing around with though, it's not an expensive item.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing it to a SoB, since I know you have experience with that weapon...
It's a .837 ratio weapon, whereas the Runed Blade is a .65 ratio weapon. I haven't done any parsing on it, but I'd be surprised if the RB was better for tanking. The only thing I can see it being useful for, is the AoE aggro if you happen to have adds in camp (and you're already on their hate list.)

Even using it solo, I would imagine the loss of DPS would be more noticeable than the rune 3 procs. It's worth messing around with though, it's not an expensive item.
Gotcha - if you think the drop the DPS would be enough to offset the value of the AoE aggro for tanking than it isn't worth playing around, 2k or not. That's 2k I'm not saving for my RBB / CoF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!!

Are there any 2 hand SLASH weapons that make for strong aggro weapons? I'm mostly asking since it's the only weapon skill that I have that sucks.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Are there any 2 hand SLASH weapons that make for strong aggro weapons? I'm mostly asking since it's the only weapon skill that I have that sucks.
You can skill up 2hs easily in a group. Threat (and procs for that matter) happen on misses as well. With max dex (shaman or enchanter can easily help here) you will get skill ups fast..

Reaver is a great weapon if you aren't fighting magic enemies. Out of your budget though.... Plenty of lower tier weapons from DN would suffice though. Also, you could look for an Axe of Lost Souls from CoM is a nice cheaper option.
Closed Thread