Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default What race/class combo will you be on Agnarr and why?

I am thinking of trying this new server called Agnarr. Just wondering what classes people want to play there who are going, and why.

I am thinking of necromancer myself, I recall vivid memories of fondness soloing POF giants on my DE necro.

It was cathartic and fun grinding giants for the hell of it (oh and for AAs), when most classes had to form whole groups to do them.

Then again, I think how I enjoy druids and all their helpful buffs, how fun it would be to port myself anywhere etc...

Then AGAIN, maybe a paladin would be nice seeing I bet they can tank anything with the gears that will be available and how they will also be better developed than they are on p99 due to timeline restrictions p99 has.

What about you? What choices are you guys considering?
Old 05-21-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

If I do try it, I think I'd do wood elf ranger, because I've always wanted to experience what they were like after kunark/velious.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Kobold

I can say for sure that in PoP rangers are fucking baller, and are very poular on live servers because you can have one as a box and just /assist /autofire and pump out massive DPS. Good rangers can obviously do alot more, but im just sayin they are very popular on phin. For vanilla/kunark i personally would go enc/nec/shm in that order for full farming capabilities. ENC is still very powerful in PoP. Good necros are average in power comparitavely and also not as common. Sham is my favorite class so im biased here, but they are very strong throughout the lifetime of the server.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

All classes are great on TLP. even paladins
Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

Anything works on a server where all you need to do is smash your face on the keyboard and press everything at once.

Sorry for everyone pumped about this but if you wanna play easy mode everquest... thats not everquest at all... /shrugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

I think the real question is "which classes benefit the most from the available cash shop items?"
Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything works on a server where all you need to do is smash your face on the keyboard and press everything at once.

Sorry for everyone pumped about this but if you wanna play easy mode everquest... thats not everquest at all... /shrugs.
If you really wanted to play hard mode EQ explain why you guys don't kill mobs where they spawn and why you spend a boatload of plat on recharges instead of killing mobs without clickies? I mean if you want a true challenge abandon the clickies for a few raids and see how they go and how skillful you really are.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the real question is "which classes benefit the most from the available cash shop items?"
Ya those xp pots are really tailored towards specific classes...
Old 05-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your first purchase from the cash shop going to be?
Old 05-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya those xp pots are really tailored towards specific classes...
So the cash shop just has XP pots then? Okay... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember Phinny players getting their wallets out for more than XP pots...
Closed Thread