Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

Default Necro leveling 57-60

Hey guys,

I am 57.5 on my necromancer now and looking for some variation for the push to 60. Charming in Howling stones basement either solo or duo is all well and fine, but I have knocked out like 5 levels here and quite frankly the level of RNG can be frustrating (Charm break on pull, 4 HTs to the face). Even duoing in KC is pretty decent if you can get there when the place doesn't have 45 people in it....but I know where to go for charming, I am looking for some Root Rot spots.

I feel like at 57 that CoM will probably be all green, so I was thinking about trying to root rot some Velks spiders. Has anyone done this and is it viable, or is it more of a pain in the ass than its worth due to velious mob health?

I realize duo charming in HS is the most efficient, but sometimes I just want to either group, semi-afk root rot, or just get TF out of HS because I have been there for days. Would love to group in Seb but its hard to get a grp there as a necro.

Any leveling spots I would welcome - I have read a lot of guides and most seems to not get real specific for 57-60 (its more like, 57-60 suck so just XP through it anywhere you can find a group)
Old 05-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Not done it on a necro, but skyway in CoM has blues up to 59. Not exclusively blue, but a good chunk of them.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Spiders in velks was meh to me, didn't like the root breaks seemed too common.

What I've done root rotting:
1) Can root rot Geonids in WL, decent XP all the way to 60, just have to deal with shamans occasionally and decent loot.
2) You can root root Armored Sentinels in WL for decent XP/loot and piss off your local wizards, it's decently fun to root rot here and there
3) Giant fort in BW is slow xp, but it's extremely easy and loot is meh
4) Can root rot whatever in KC
5) As said above levels 2-3 of CoM till 59 and if you wanted 3rd level could get some XP 59-60.

I personally charmed HS North 57-60 got some named loot and was a little more challenging/rewarding then basement (At timed I duo'd it as well as solo). But for XP buffers I usually root rot Geonids at 60 for the added loot. Could also get keyed and do HS West solo/duo for added fun.

Last but not least everything will be slower then charming HS, so at that point I'd do best spot for loot whole getting decent XP. Which IMO is Geonids/Armors/Skyshrine fear kiting for zone wide random drops of the Feh'ders or w/e they are called.
Last edited by Siberious; 05-11-2017 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

HS West is OP. Grab that boss door coin, give yourself a regen and just start clearing the place. I loved west. Grab a cleric buddy and you'll plow through everything and be through 58, 59 in no time. Didn't even feel like hell levels in west to be honest.

With EoT you can play around in chardok too. He can take a punch and you can keep him up as long as you manage the pulls correctly. Lot of damn casters though, but it's a change of scenery.

Velks, again EoT makes life much easier since you have a way to shrug off root breaks with FD and maintain aggro.

Skyfire is pretty miserable to pull through, but you can fear kite inside the ramp area to OT. Xp is pretty bland but again, I also appreciate a change of scenery.

Lower guk, the Lord Room and some of the stuff in the hall is still blue/lite blue and frenzy camp still gives xp. Can pretty much clear up to lord from frenzy if you wanna stay busy between pops. Otherwise just kill frenzy PH's or him every 28 minutes and relax.

Bulthars, Sirens, and Chests in CS are another uncamped option. Bulthars and chests can be root rotted or fear kited. Sirens, best to just fear kite because they charm. Don't mess with the herdleader though...can't root or snare him and he has a ton of hp. He is fearable if you wanna pull him up on top and let him run wild feared if you have non-kos faction with CoV.

WL has tons of things to kill as someone above mentioned.

But yeah. Best XP and most fun I had was West with a cleric partner. Just shredded the place...got lots of Erudite illusion masks and few addy clubs to sell. Basement sucks. It's a snoozefest. Move on to the wings.

Side note. You can toy around with the phase spiders in DN. Just don't step on the dragon bones or you'll be trying to do a shitty corpse run.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Most of the stuff is mentioned. No one said anything about duo charming though. That is the best exp I found. Two necro's is a good combo. Ench/necro is good too, but felt akward.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 05-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the stuff is mentioned. No one said anything about duo charming though. That is the best exp I found. Two necro's is a good combo. Ench/necro is good too, but felt akward.
In HS...get a cleric...haste a pet. Pull rooms, root them in lines...watch pet go bananas through the line. Yes, hands down best necro xp in game.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,

I am 57.5 on my necromancer now and looking for some variation for the push to 60. Charming in Howling stones basement either solo or duo is all well and fine, but I have knocked out like 5 levels here and quite frankly the level of RNG can be frustrating (Charm break on pull, 4 HTs to the face). Even duoing in KC is pretty decent if you can get there when the place doesn't have 45 people in it....but I know where to go for charming, I am looking for some Root Rot spots.

I feel like at 57 that CoM will probably be all green, so I was thinking about trying to root rot some Velks spiders. Has anyone done this and is it viable, or is it more of a pain in the ass than its worth due to velious mob health?

I realize duo charming in HS is the most efficient, but sometimes I just want to either group, semi-afk root rot, or just get TF out of HS because I have been there for days. Would love to group in Seb but its hard to get a grp there as a necro.

Any leveling spots I would welcome - I have read a lot of guides and most seems to not get real specific for 57-60 (its more like, 57-60 suck so just XP through it anywhere you can find a group)
you can get to 60 on the 3rd floor of COM and its pretty chill, its a fun place to bind and such way up up up up ontop of the back floating hut killing stuff.

not sure how well youd do in solB but I love getting to 60 in solb bats and bugs are going to be green but LDC should be blue at 57 and if you get a partner you can do imps (not sure if necro can do them solo)

Hole is not worth it imo at that level..

um.. theres a ton in Velious to kill, you could go to the top of TOFS and kill bats and the named up there (not sure if u can solo named at 57 tho but perhaps) or Velks or something?

chardok obviously too is different but I dont enjoy leveling there, but you can.

wut about.. um.. how about idk i cant think of anything else off top of my head.

personally I enjoy hanging out in seb on blue as a soloer like a necro shaman enchanter etc especially when its crowded... like its fun for me to just wander around and kill randoms while everyone keeps most of it clear and join in random pugs.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 05-13-2017 at 04:13 PM..
Closed Thread