Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look I'm not saying make Red Blue. All I'm saying is that is that even on Rallos Zek most guilds formed an alliance to take on the griefers (although as I understand it they maybe went a bit far and prohibited all world PvP). If you don't address griefing, you get Red's population, because no one likes being griefed. You can make all the arguments you want about how I'm wrong and how great being griefed is, but arguing the problem doesn't exist won't fix it or help Red's population.
This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community. I played Rallos Zek back starting in classic, and the reason it worked so well is because of the self-policing community, and to a somewhat lesser extent, item loot.

People on R99 are more prone to attack first and ask questions later. Back on Rallos, guilds that went FFA on all other guilds were looked down upon and kept in check because of the pk/anti-pk dynamic of the players. Sure, you had guilds like Flowers of Happiness and Inimical that'd go out of their way to give everyone a hard time. But PvP just to mess with xp groups and to grief players out of the game was far more rare overall.

People would actively farm sets of no drop gear for their PvP characters as well because of item loot. Being able to throw a fungi on at low levels without having to risk losing it is just stupid. The first fungi I ever owned on Rallos was from some iksar monk that would terrorize misty thicket noobs, so I got a few friends together, we chain blinded him so he couldn't bag his gear, and ganked his ass. R99 will never feel that type of satisfaction with no item loot.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community.
I'm PLing people on euro hours pretty much daily. Its not because its not in ooc or on the forums that nothing positive is happening.

Cylock is putting in work and abuse is very limited if you have a bit of common sense.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy may be from blue, but he's not wrong. I've stated many times on these forums in the past that one of the key reasons that Red failed is because of the community. I played Rallos Zek back starting in classic, and the reason it worked so well is because of the self-policing community, and to a somewhat lesser extent, item loot.

People on R99 are more prone to attack first and ask questions later. Back on Rallos, guilds that went FFA on all other guilds were looked down upon and kept in check because of the pk/anti-pk dynamic of the players. Sure, you had guilds like Flowers of Happiness and Inimical that'd go out of their way to give everyone a hard time. But PvP just to mess with xp groups and to grief players out of the game was far more rare overall.

People would actively farm sets of no drop gear for their PvP characters as well because of item loot. Being able to throw a fungi on at low levels without having to risk losing it is just stupid. The first fungi I ever owned on Rallos was from some iksar monk that would terrorize misty thicket noobs, so I got a few friends together, we chain blinded him so he couldn't bag his gear, and ganked his ass. R99 will never feel that type of satisfaction with no item loot.

Actually real reason why red fails is there is no REAL red gms. Blue gms come here and think they know whats going on. No offense to blue gms but knowledge is key when it comes to running the server. Not only do you need a red GM on the server but you need a red coding GM as well. Ranger track broken for years (what ranger wants to log in with broken track). What enchanter wants to log in with almost all MR spells not landing? (mind you lvl 8 Chaotic Feedback main key to stopping gates during classic/kunark/velious/luclin. What bard wants to log in with nothin landing? just a selos/pell bitch. Can't even fucking duck cast on red LOL.

That's how they want it so thats how it is. Main focus is on blue
Old 05-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Default ...

That's classic. Rapture, tash, and dispel were my only consistent pvp tools on rallos zek as an enchanter. Everyone had MR gear, there was no point trying to cast a root or dd or anything like that.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycloud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually real reason why red fails is there is no REAL red gms. Blue gms come here and think they know whats going on. No offense to blue gms but knowledge is key when it comes to running the server. Not only do you need a red GM on the server but you need a red coding GM as well. Ranger track broken for years (what ranger wants to log in with broken track). What enchanter wants to log in with almost all MR spells not landing? (mind you lvl 8 Chaotic Feedback main key to stopping gates during classic/kunark/velious/luclin. What bard wants to log in with nothin landing? just a selos/pell bitch. Can't even fucking duck cast on red LOL.

That's how they want it so thats how it is. Main focus is on blue
Haynar has moved to TAKP, it is what it is.

As a fellow red player I don't understand why you are complaining here, make the best of it.

Patches will be done right about when the discord server goes live, aka this place is what it is, accept or move on. Sirken all into weed, and I genuinely don't believe he'd give a fuck about the server even if he wasn't stoned out of his mind all day.

Not bashing staff here, just an objective statement.
Last edited by derpcake; 05-18-2017 at 02:54 PM..
Old 05-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:

I wouldn't just blame the community. Item loot created the social aspect on RZ. People being scared of PKers created the guilds that policed the server. If this server had the same rules as RZ there would probably be more emphasis on picking who you played with. Item loot in the Kunark era would have been huge for small guilds like Friends. There probably wouldn't be many big zergs. It would be smaller crews doing content with minimum numbers.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't just blame the community. Item loot created the social aspect on RZ. People being scared of PKers created the guilds that policed the server. If this server had the same rules as RZ there would probably be more emphasis on picking who you played with. Item loot in the Kunark era would have been huge for small guilds like Friends. There probably wouldn't be many big zergs. It would be smaller crews doing content with minimum numbers.
yea
Old 05-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar has moved to TAKP, it is what it is.

As a fellow red player I don't understand why you are complaining here, make the best of it.

Patches will be done right about when the discord server goes live, aka this place is what it is, accept or move on. Sirken all into weed, and I genuinely don't believe he'd give a fuck about the server even if he wasn't stoned out of his mind all day.

Not bashing staff here, just an objective statement.
You think this is staff bashing or complaining? this is facts. Stating the REAL reason why red server isn't successful and it's the reason why. Don't like it? then don't read it.

And i'll say it again, that's how they want it, so that is how it'll be.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

To be fair, GM'ing is miserable work. Good luck finding another Sirken to do it for free.

I'd fix that ranger tracking bug bc dev work is actually fun. GMs should be getting paid something for what they do.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

whole thread thx 4 comment

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread