Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Default Iksar SK - Velious gearing thread

Whats going on everyone? Thanks for checking in on this thread.

I have a 60 Iksar SK with some decent Kunark gear. I have not played on p99 in a few years and I have zero velious faction. Where do i Start? Do I need to faction a lot first? can i buy MQ Thurgadin armor without faction?

I'm rocking Dreadscale with some resist gear and epic on red. Really looking for some pro tips on how to start up again.

Hit me up here or PM cheers!
Cyrus
Old 05-20-2017, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Get to Western Wastes. Kill the giants outside Kael. There is often a faction group going on; make sure the two named wizards nearby are pulled, they give huge faction boosts for the dragons.

Doing this will get you enough faction for Thurg armor quests very quickly and even for the skyshrine quests pretty quickly too.

Keep your eyes open for Arena groups and Platehouse groups (or open raids) in Kael. This will score you faction and armor pieces, so a bit of a double-whammy. If you see Manasana in Kael there is a good chance this is what is happening so talk to him.

Gems I think are easiest to be purchased, but keep an eye out for them while factioning.

If you do choose to faction for Thurg outside kael keep an eye open for the surveyor spawn. He drops a telescope that acts as a global cooldown spell as well as boosting intelligence by 5 (range or inventory slot).

Loads more to do in Velious, Halls of Testing in Temple of Veeshan is popular too. It may even be worth signing up with a force which does that regularly as the Skyshrine quest armor is even better than Thurgadin.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Awesome dude thank you for the advice! WW is the plan. Also, thanks for everyone who sent me a tell in game.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

My mistake! I meant to write WAKENING LANDS not Western Wastes :S

Western Wastes just full of nasty dragons, dragon kin and ice wurms that all want to eat you atm. Ideally you want it so only the ice wurms will try to eat you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Closed Thread