Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Looking for help getting live EQ run to on Mac the same way I got P99 to run

Hoping someone that knows about Wineskin and the P99 setup on Mac can weigh in and help me out.

I ran the setup for all 5 EQ Titanium discs and downloaded the files into a wrapper. I'm pointing the wrapper at the eqgame.exe file, and I have "patchme" set in the EXE Flags field. Aside from manipulating/replacing some files after, this is all I had to do to get P99 up and running.

When I run this one, the launcher comes up (with the werewolf from Depths of Darkhallow as the background) and when I try to log in I get a message that says "A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online."

Now, I just installed this yesterday and figured I was getting the same login error as everybody else because Agnarr traffic was so heavy (some people even posted a screenshot of the exact error message), but now I'm thinking that my launchpad may not be patched since I can't even get to the server select screen.

Any advice? I don't know how else to get this working on a Mac.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

what's the contents of eqhost.txt in your install directory?