Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Default Is it possible to make EQ auto-fit your screen in windowed mode?

I haven't played p99 in awhile and on the monitor I have right now the game never displays properly if I'm in windowed mode. Is there any way to make the game auto-fit your screen without doing the fullscreen option? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Thanks have the same issue.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just edit the eqclient.ini file and set a custom resolution. Takes some trial and error.
This. But I find that it will randomly auto-reset back to your old bonky fitting semi-frequently.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having. I already changed my eqclient.ini to my monitor's native screen resolutions. I specifically followed the directions here - http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928 - from section #1. Despite that, the display never stays quite right.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you set the resolution in the eqclient.ini file to your desired setting, and have the same values set for both windowed and full screen, save the eqclient.ini file and right click - > properties - > check read only. This actually might cause EQ to crash (i've never tried it, I don't know if the game actively attempts to write to eqclient.ini while you're playing).

Lastly, go into the game itself and check the resolution settings in the options menu under display -> video modes. It seems like sometimes it needs to be fiddled with in-game to get things to work properly.

If none of that stuff works go ahead and give us a reply here and I'll see if I can get another fix in here for you.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

I basically did a custom height that has worked out well enough; the window stays in place. There's a useless "blue bar" at the top of the screen in that I'd prefer to be able to move up more, but I can live with it.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Kobold

I have my window set the same as my Full screen resolution, i then just drag the window up, until you can barely see the blue bar. It is so much better than having to deal with the crashes that sometimes happen when you ALt+Enter.

I never had the setting reset, i do it thru the game UI, i dont mess with ini file.