Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-28-2023, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should've, Im just lazy
We know.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the thing though, the epic pet does pull off players in melee range. It's only on certain mobs, I've done it in HoT many times. I stopped even sending it on the glimmers(shimmers?) I can't remember which ones are which.
You mean your guild leader told you to stop being a noob mage and sending your pet on those mobs to stop pushing. So they don't have to rebuff all the melles.

Ftfy
Old 09-28-2023, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

...but...but I want to do more than coth and DA!
Old 09-28-2023, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean your guild leader told you to stop being a noob mage and sending your pet on those mobs to stop pushing. So they don't have to rebuff all the melles.

Ftfy
Guess you were born knowing everything, sounds pretty sweet!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-01-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's the thing though, the epic pet does pull off players in melee range. It's only on certain mobs, I've done it in HoT many times. I stopped even sending it on the glimmers(shimmers?) I can't remember which ones are which. It's also a problem on ring war phase 2 and phase 3 mobs, it can pull on them as well, have to pay attention or the pet will die.

Pets are excellent sources of extra dps, but that isn't the meta anymore with zerg guilds. It's possible to use them way more often on raids than people do currently, but that's a whole another can of worms.
Hmm never seen this happen with any pet. Minus the tank positioning the target and the pet owner not waiting to assist (I’ve seen this MANY times). Backing too quickly out of range = flips on pet. Warriors tank glimmers and don’t have the best lock but I’ve also seen this with VSR kills that were pet heavy and tanks that didn’t know how to backpedal.

The RW giants will only attack something in range and only if it has the most aggro. Most aggro, not in range, it will keep walking. The best thing any Druid or Mage can do during a RW is make sure any player being attacked has a damage shield. It’s safe and massive dps for unslowed giants. Most the time I can land my ranger DS or pally ragefire arms DS on the monks and even the designated tanks. My own diagnostic check to see how bad people are being.

I don’t mind pets for a lot of things, especially sub 20 person semi-raid targets or Vindi. PoG and Fear are really fun for mages, AE groups and pet assisting the MA. In dungeons it adds a level of risk I usually don’t feel is worth it.

Back to topic though, my own perspective is chaining is a stupid way to level. Maybe for outdoor stunt kills but still adds a lot of risk.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-01-2023 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-01-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I found on my ranger it was pretty much guaranteed that DS would stick to the tank on raid fights. Maybe they were clicking off DS to make a slot free for HoTs? Idk.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung