Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Have the recent exp mods in Halas/Kaladim/Ogguk/Felwithe been tested?

I'm trying to clean up the wiki page, and there seems to be conflicting info on whether these zones were at a ZEM value of 75 or 100, and if the recent patch increase of 33% increased the exp mods of these zones to a standard 100, or to 133.

I think it's highly likely these zones were only at 75 and just got increased to 100. Back in the year 2000, guards and city NPC's were being widely hunted, and the game devs didn't like how easy it was to hunt in these places as compared to dungeons. All of these starting city zones that didn't have a "newbie yard" had a ZEM of 100, making them extremely rewarding to hunt in compared to other game areas. I think the devs back in the day targeted the most hunted city zones and nerfed their ZEM if it was above 75 (in addition to nerfing the respawn times of some NPC's in city areas). Hence why we now in this recent patch see "South Felwithe" receiving the 33% increase bonus, to bring it in line with the standard 100 value, but not North Felwithe - because back in the day North Felwithe wasn't being heavily camped, so that zone was never nerfed and has always remained at a ZEM value of 100. Also note how only "North Qeynos" received the buff in the recent patch - because South Qeynos was already sitting at a 100 value.

I'm going to go ahead and edit the wiki page, since other zones already needed to be updated too, but if anyone has info on if these cities don't currently have the same ZEM, please let us know.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Just want to clarify for those unfamiliar with P99 Zone Exp Modifier. P99 staff have never released the real ZEM on p99. The ZEMs on the wiki are based on what the community has determine are Classic ZEM plus or minus the changes staff informed us. Such as the March 25, 2020 patch notes.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

The "real ZEM on p99" isn't some kind of impossible thing to determine though. You just need to go kill equivalent level NPC's in the zones you're trying to compare, on characters of the same level/class, and see which exp bar moved more. It's pretty obvious that most of the listed ZEM's were accurate.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

xp in cities was already good before the increase, so it has to be pretty good now

ive grinded xp in freeport neriak rivervale ogguk on various toons
Old 06-06-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
xp in cities was already good before the increase, so it has to be pretty good now

ive grinded xp in freeport neriak rivervale ogguk on various toons
Some city zones, like Neriak, never had their ZEM nerfed back in the day.

Notice how there was no ZEM increase in the patch for Neriak, Erudin, Grobb, Akanon, South Qeynos, North Felwithe, and Rivervale. I'm pretty sure all of the city zones that got buffed in the patch were formerly sitting at 75 ZEM and the change just brought those zones in line with other city zones that were already sitting at 100. I don't want to log in and spend time on this though, so it would be great if someone could test and confirm.