Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

This is a very well thought out idea and I can tell you put some real effort into thinking it all out. It just feels a little too complicated though if I’m being honest.

I’d prefer an eq pvp server with less teams, not more. Although the classic 3 team is best.

Maybe just a straight forward good vs evil vs neutral, deity based. Keep classes the same but perhaps some balance to slows and charm spells.

I’d play on a server like that.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-15-2020 at 01:01 PM..
Old 08-15-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

cant do race/class specific its horrible unbalanced. it has to be 2 teams, /jointeam 1 or 2.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Banned

history shows that 3 teams did not work as well as 2
Old 08-15-2020, 02:47 PM
Kobold

What the FAWK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant do race/class specific its horrible unbalanced
It's not unbalanced, when designed correctly. "Perfect" balance isn't achievable of course, but as long as player/team skill is dictating who wins for the most part, then it's good. There's also other game mechanics like giving bonuses/handicaps to certain factions, if further intervention is needed to make each team fair and desirable to play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting idea but ultimately I don’t think you’d have enough people on the server for that many teams. Also makes it extremely difficult to know if someone has shown up in the zone who you need to be worried about since you wouldn’t be able to tell their deity
There's enough people, imagine if this server had launched instead of Green. Even if there's not, we can discuss what the game would be like under normal circumstances. I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that last sentence, because it applies to any team or pvp server where people are using /anon or /roleplay to hide their level and class and even guild. Teams can still be color-coded so people have a visual on other players in sight.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:55 PM
Banned

i saw that zuranthium made this thread so i didnt read it at all !
Old 08-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

I would say iksar would be the chaotic evil if anything, given their lore that their supremacists and given the "super evil" tag. Though any of Cazic's followers would ideally be welcome on their team.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say iksar would be the chaotic evil if anything, given their lore that their supremacists and given the "super evil" tag.
Being a supremacist and super evil doesn't have bearing on lawful vs chaotic, though. Nazi regime can be described as Lawful Evil, for example. Iksar society is extremely similar to that; very regimented and orderly. An example of Chaotic Evil could be the Trump administration.

This is an excellent analysis of the alignments and how they can be recontextualized - http://easydamus.com/alignmentreal.html

I was using it here more as a fun way to create a bunch of varied teams and give the playerbase many different playstyles to experience, while staying thematically close to the EQ game world.
Old 08-16-2020, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

why is rallos zek "chaotic neutral" lmao
Old 08-16-2020, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

This guy again? *groan*
Closed Thread