Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Nektulos 1-8 - There really isn't a way to avoid crowds in noobie zones
Befallen 8-12 - There will be some people here but you can carve out a spot and level up fast here
Lavastorm 12-20 - Boring, but effective, there are plenty of mobs here for everyone
Najena 20-34 - This place is tits for exp even after the nerf, there will always be some folks here, but not many exping
Unrest- 34-39 - Unrest basement is often camped, but not fully, this spot is the best exp I've found in this range.
Mistmoore 39-44 - Gargoyles around the Caitiff area, no one ever kills these, easy mostly safe exp
West Karana Evil guards 44-50 - This camp is a bit harder to get, but it's top notch exp and not many know about this spot.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it would be as popular as those other dungeons. There aren't any ports and it's in a remote part of the world. Erudites would be there for sure, but I wonder how many Barbarians and Qeynos starting players would bother to make the journey. I doubt someone from any other starting location would trek across the world just to do that dungeon.

Going from the Warrens to Unrest (a place that's going to be very crowded) without port available would be a gigantic waste of time.

It's possible to go from 1 to 60 in only that zone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mountaineers and calfs can only get you to 19, then they are green (lots of the calfs already green out before that). There's some other stuff to hunt to hit 21 but I don't think it's worthwhile, and it's too early at 21 to be doing mammoths and icy orcs. Best to take a break from the zone for 5 levels.
Even if it was just Erudites there it'd be pretty cool to see groups of just Erudites hanging out in a dungeon, and would relieve a lot of the pressure on Blackburrow.

As for trekking across the continent, making the Qeynos-Freeport run at a low level is a rite of passage everyone should do on green at one point. Bonus points if you run down the road in the Karanas instead of following the river.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Everfrost 1-15 or 20

Permafrost 15 or 20 to 60
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 12-07-2022, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everfrost 1-15 or 20

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

I like the horrible northlands route and the single zone swamp of no
Hope only route.

cabilis and swamp only.

I like all the local routes. It’s hard to go past level 7 in misty thicket, but it might be possible to get past those low double digits into the teens with determination and go rivervale and runnyeye and beholders only to level 50? That would be cool. Emerge at level 50 in the karanas at the far side of beholders.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-07-2022 at 01:27 PM..
Old 12-07-2022, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the horrible northlands route and the single zone swamp of no
Hope only route.

cabilis and swamp only.

I like all the local routes. It’s hard to go past level 7 in misty thicket, but it might be possible to get past those low double digits into the teens with determination and go rivervale and runnyeye and beholders only to level 50? That would be cool. Emerge at level 50 in the karanas at the far side of beholders.

You can do Kithicor Forest a bit there too. Before Oct 99 it's a pretty chill zone.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do Kithicor Forest a bit there too. Before Oct 99 it's a pretty chill zone.
Did they not have the horrible undead death trap before Oct 1999?
Old 12-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everfrost 1-15 or 20

Perma would be such a cool dungeon if there weren't the typical EverQuest NPCs healing through walls issue
Old 12-07-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

Oh that's why there are never low level groups there.

Makes sense now.
Old 12-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you choose as a possible ideal leveling path, when considering how crowded you think each zone and NPC is expected to be.
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but honestly I think trying to predict where people will be is a fool's errand. You might think "Dalnir will be great, no one goes there" ... and then ten other groups have the same idea and Dalnir happens to be packed that day.

So I'd really just do the same thing I do on P99: go to https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide, enter my class/level, and then go to the best sounding place on the list. If it's crowded, I'd go to #2, and so on, until I find one that's open.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.