Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-17-2024, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be using a macro that turns off attack before casting FD if this is happening to you. This is a newb mistake.
I understand you need to turn autoattack off. I said so earlier in the thread lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn't apply to your situation, but if you are actively autoattacking a mob when you FD, that can cause FD to fail as well. You need to turn autoattack off before attempting to FD.
=====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moreover, the 'fallen to the ground' message is extremely important for doing any sort of challenging content with an FD class. You should have a gina trigger set up to catch it. There's no time to /con before standing when you have level 60 mobs chasing you.
I used the situation of FD failing due to autoattacking as an example of when the message doesn't appear. This means there are situations where the "fallen to the ground" message does not appear, even when FD fails. This makes the message unreliable.

You can macro /con lol, you have time. If you have a macro that turns off auto attack, just add /con to it with a slight delay so it occurs after FD happens. I've never had a problem using /con, even in difficult encounters. I use it all the time. The only mistake is using an unreliable message on a gina trigger. Use the /con instead. It is 100% reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given FD failure is in the 5-10% range, your personal anecdata really just reflects how little you leverage feign death.
The lack of messages in my logs comes from the unreliability of the message, not my lack of FD use.

In 4 years worth of logs, I have cast Feign Death (Spell, BE Greaves, or Death Peace) 3221 times, and I have gotten the "Bazgek has fallen to the ground" message 70 times. That means the message is appearing 2% of the time, roughly speaking.

You are making yourself look silly here by trying to attack me for no reason.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-17-2024 at 03:37 PM..
Old 02-17-2024, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Never ever seen the message not be displayed. If it fails it’s because it succeeded but you autoattacked or the mob landed a spell on you.

Setting up a GINA trigger is solid advice and without Gina it’s stil the easiest and fastest way to conclude if FD worked.

DSM. You goofed. P99 is a cool game, always something for everyone to learn.
Old 02-17-2024, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never ever seen the message not be displayed. If it fails it’s because it succeeded but you autoattacked or the mob landed a spell on you.

Setting up a GINA trigger is solid advice and without Gina it’s stil the easiest and fastest way to conclude if FD worked.

DSM. You goofed. P99 is a cool game, always something for everyone to learn.
Oh I agree GINA triggers are a good idea. I never said you shouldn't.

You set up GINA on the /con based on if it is threatening/scowling or not. The "fallen to the ground" message factually does not appear in all FD fail cases, and is thus unreliable. You can be redundant and set up GINA for both messages if you want, but /con is always going to be more reliable. You can't assume the "fallen to the ground" message is going to appear on a failed FD.

It's honestly bad advise to tell people not to /con mobs to check if FD failed or not.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

I've never seen the FD message not appear. Not once.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never seen the FD message not appear. Not once.
You can test it yourself. FD with autoattack on. You don't get the message. This means there are scenarios where FD fails and you don't get the message.

If FD succeeds and then fails, the result is the same as if you initially failed, except you don't get the message. You are being attacked by mobs and need to stand up and FD again.

This means the message is unreliable, and thus you should use /con. It will always tell you if FD failed, because the mob will still be threatening/scowling while you are FDed. As I said before, you could check for both messages via GINA if you want rendundancy.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2024 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-18-2024, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Or you have a macro that turns autoattack off...
Old 02-18-2024, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Or you have a macro that turns autoattack off...
Indeed! I have said as much multiple times on these forums. That isn't new information, and nobody disagrees with it. You are clearly missing the point, or trying to deflect.

The "fallen to the ground" message is unreliable, and it is easy to prove it is unreliable. There are at least two scenarios in which you will not get the message, possibly more.

Using /con is always going to work, regardless of the scenario. You can macro /con, or bind it to a key (I have it bound to C). It's very easy to do in any situation. There is no scenario where you don't have time to con a mob.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The "fallen to the ground" message is unreliable, and it is easy to prove it is unreliable. There are at least two scenarios in which you will not get the message, possibly more.
… you didn’t even know it existed until just over 48 hours ago

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 02-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
… you didn’t even know it existed until just over 48 hours ago
70 messages out of 3221 FD attempts is a pretty small chance that I would see it. And it's proven that it's an unreliable message anyway.

I know you are just trolling because you cannot win arguments normally, but /con is factually more reliable. Sorry you've been using an unreliable message this whole time, missing when FD fails multiple times. Hopefully you may actually learn something for once. Unlike yourself, I admit when I am wrong, or learned something new.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Have you checked your monks logs yet?