Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Once upon a time in a classic era, EQ related forum there was mention of a lunatic chanter or necro that charmed an ashenbone drake and used it to kill Maestro. Does that sound feasible or was it complete hogwash? Just curious what the soloists who frequent this thread might have to say.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Ashenbone drakes are pretty damn resistant if memory serves.

That would be a baller solo kill though. I think as a druid I may be able to pull it off with puppet strings and a SoulFire charge or two. Would need a path to maestro cleared and with his organ area full spawn.

Would love to try it some time though.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

They're not über resistant, they're just belly casters.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ashenbone drakes are pretty damn resistant if memory serves.

That would be a baller solo kill though. I think as a druid I may be able to pull it off with puppet strings and a SoulFire charge or two. Would need a path to maestro cleared and with his organ area full spawn.

Would love to try it some time though.
can a rat pet not handle Maestro?

I am pretty sure it can but the fight would take forever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

[S] blood of chottal [55 Monk, Sebilis Crypt] 10/15/2014
Been afk mostly with RL. I have been checking Crypt pretty much every morning and at least hierophant is always camped by a shaman or some European group. Anyway there was a group of 3 killing the 4 phs so I went down to check on Blood. He was up holding a Cone. I killed the roamers against each other and then cleared out everything else except for 1 mob outside the door. I used cast sight to target the roamer in Bloods room and tried to calm him. Got a crit resists and charm break at the same time and all ended up having to cap out at 7% hp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Recharged and gated back. healed and buffed up and went back down. basically the same strat. Charm broke again right away and by the time i finally got control blood had chewed through 60% of my hp. I hung in there and got runes back up and re petted. Pet lasted the whole fight but was getting eaten before i could land slow. I ended up having to rune and bedlam the pet a few times. looted the cone and camped then ran back to the safe spot in crypt.

As a side note I tried Emp last week and got him pulled solo with his pet. Then I got dotted and exploded. Emp hits hard! sk/shm at crypt helped me CR but it took a while. def gonna hold off on Emp again till I have a better strat and my necro is lvl 39.

Most of the video is calming, clearing trash etc
Fail1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihyTcVxrAM#t=914
Kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihyTcVxrAM#t=2273
Solo Kills
Last edited by maurilax; 10-16-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

duo'd maestro with two rats and a druid partner in early kunark. was pretty easy then. One Rat with a reaper / soul fire would be a challenge.
Last edited by getsome; 10-15-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
duo'd maestro with two rats and a druid partner in early kunark. was pretty easy then.
Yea last I checked rats didn't dual wield or take weapons. Can't remember if I've tried to torch them or not though...

But to solo him you'd really need a DWing + hasted pet. I supposed a BP cleric with full strings could probably do it too.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea last I checked rats didn't dual wield or take weapons. Can't remember if I've tried to torch them or not though...

But to solo him you'd really need a DWing + hasted pet. I supposed a BP cleric with full strings could probably do it too.
I'm pretty sure Maestro would die if I would have a clean shot. But that's something that won't ever happen tho.
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 10-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure Maestro would die if I would have a clean shot. But that's something that won't ever happen tho.
but how would you pull him from his guards?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea so long as you can BP a pet and you don't burn your 10 charges before he dies, pretty easy.

Most of the solo artist challenges done with strings (or charm in general), just come down to how many breaks you get. Otherwise a hasted or even just torched pet can trash most named. Even without a slow or much assistance.

Under ideal conditions I'd like to try a solo Ragefire. But my last foray with Ragefire taught me that people on this server love their petition quest and will attempt to jump in and steal your Ragefire even before you engage or your 20 min are up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Sad pandas.
Closed Thread