Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Aviak

So if I am in full group with say 2 mage 1 monk 1 cleric 1 chanter 1 war

Does the entire group have to out dps our 2 pets total dmg, or how does that work? Does the group just need to do 51% of dmg like always?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I am in full group with say 2 mage 1 monk 1 cleric 1 chanter 1 war

Does the entire group have to out dps our 2 pets total dmg, or how does that work? Does the group just need to do 51% of dmg like always?
usually if you are in a group, the pet penalty isn't in affect, USUALLY, I don't know if this has changed, but that's the way I remember it working.

Who knows, try it out.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I was in a group yesterday with another necro and a mage and the XP was lousy at times. This "classic" change will affect the desire of groups to invite pet classes. Where before it was beneficial to have a lot of pets, now you have to limit them if you don't want an XP nerf. Already have a necro or mage? No room for another. The mage who invited me last night didn't know of the XP change, so to him it was beneficial to have a lot of pets. We didn't get good XP until the rare tank came looking for group, as the higher level mobs resisted our nukes too often and we couldn't do the majority of damage.
I always thought on live this was a solo nerf only, if you had 2 mages grouped with similar pets doing 40% of the total damage each plus 20% in nukes, no pet would be eligible to snatch xp from a player.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Same question as some others here. What happens when you combine 2+ pet classes in 1 group, some claim being in any group removes this restriction? Is this true?

Will the "players" have to deal 51%+ dmg by themselves, or will they only have to out dmg the highest dmg dealing pet? (example: both pets deal 30% individually and players combined do 40%)

Also, what happens when dmg shields are involved? We all know dmg shields are aggro-less dmg. So if you're soloing with a DS and pet, if the DS deals 20% of the hp, would you then only need to deal 41% to out dmg the pet for full exp?
(ds20%+pet39%+player41%)=100% exp?

Thanks for any answers, just trying to get it straight.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same question as some others here. What happens when you combine 2+ pet classes in 1 group, some claim being in any group removes this restriction? Is this true?

Will the "players" have to deal 51%+ dmg by themselves, or will they only have to out dmg the highest dmg dealing pet? (example: both pets deal 30% individually and players combined do 40%)

Also, what happens when dmg shields are involved? We all know dmg shields are aggro-less dmg. So if you're soloing with a DS and pet, if the DS deals 20% of the hp, would you then only need to deal 41% to out dmg the pet for full exp?
(ds20%+pet39%+player41%)=100% exp?

Thanks for any answers, just trying to get it straight.
i'm not quite sure, but i think you guys are over thinking this.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Sarnak

In classic, the group had to deal more dmg than my pet to gain full xp. I clearly remember being yelled at because my air pet would sometimes ks my whole group in Dreadlands, resulting in a low xp gain. I had to wait before sending my pet on a mob.

As such, I've got few concerns now, mage being my main class.

- pet dps was much higher than it is right now for normal mobs (not talking about dragons). The hit rating is really bad (it shouldn't miss that much).
- pet aggro was much much better than it is right now. I remember the rule was pretty much for 100 pet melee dmg, I could deal 120 nuke dmg. Also, pet spells was factored in aggro.
- pet taunt was working.
- pet dmg being partly forwarded to the owner, during chaining pet, making chain petting impossible at higher levels. This is my biggest concern.

I've always thought the p1999 implementation was a rather good tradeoff since the xp rule was softer, allowing for faster leveling (the aggro forwarded to the owner is crippling the class though). There were so many mages at one point, that it was not needed to make the class too powerful.

Nowadays, mages are pretty much gone. I think it's time to rebalance stuff a bit like it was in classic.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 10-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, the group had to deal more dmg than my pet to gain full xp. I clearly remember being yelled at because my air pet would sometimes ks my whole group in Dreadlands, resulting in a low xp gain. I had to wait before sending my pet on a mob.
That's been my experience here. In groups with multiple pets we have to outdamage them to not suffer the big XP penalty.

Quote:
As such, I've got few concerns now, mage being my main class.

- pet dps was much higher than it is right now for normal mobs (not talking about dragons). The hit rating is really bad (it shouldn't miss that much).
- pet aggro was much much better than it is right now. I remember the rule was pretty much for 100 pet melee dmg, I could deal 120 nuke dmg. Also, pet spells was factored in aggro.
- pet taunt was working.
- pet dmg being partly forwarded to the owner, during chaining pet, making chain petting impossible at higher levels. This is my biggest concern.

I've always thought the p1999 implementation was a rather good tradeoff since the xp rule was softer, allowing for faster leveling (the aggro forwarded to the owner is crippling the class though). There were so many mages at one point, that it was not needed to make the class too powerful.

Nowadays, mages are pretty much gone. I think it's time to rebalance stuff a bit like it was in classic.
There hasn't been any official word on any of the issues we've been mentioning, so maybe there's interal dialogue going on about them? Maybe it's being discussed but we won't hear anything until a final decision is made, and hopefully the decision will be to fix the issues and make things truly classic, nerfs buffs and all.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Fingers Crossed!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There hasn't been any official word on any of the issues we've been mentioning, so maybe there's interal dialogue going on about them? Maybe it's being discussed but we won't hear anything until a final decision is made.
Updates are nice though.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Large Bat

Anyone know of a classic server? This one is clearly not.
God of valor. I am the son of Tarew Marr, the god of water, and the twin brother of Erollisi Marr, the goddess of love. I am the creator of the frogloks and, along with my sister, am jointly responsible for the creation of the barbarians, and by extension humans and Erudites as well. I am also known as the Truthbringer and the Lightbearer. I rule the Plane of Valor.
Closed Thread