Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

we shouldnt get PoM changed on this server, since it wasnt changed until later on in the eq timeline.

thank god, because the original PoM was amazing (when the only entrance was in NToV) before they made it a total fail raid zone
Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think some of you realize it is not that easy.

It is not Velious content with Velious loot, it was added in Planes of Power.

Sleeper's Tomb was revamped with a bunch of different quests/items etc.

(You want a revamped ST? Then you are going to get a revamped Skyshrine too.)

Some of these items have spells THAT WERE NOT AVAILABLE in the Velious era.

Custom content possibly, but anything done to ST after Kerafyrm is awakened in the regular Velious era will not happen.
I don't know that much about the ST "revamp". I raided ST before that went in... I think it was probably post-awakening, but my guild was only able to do the mini-bosses anyway. However - I did go in much, much later to kill warders with a small strike team. The loot all seemed to be ancient garbage - quest junk for Plane of Mischief and so forth. I don't think the revamp did much to these particular loot tables - am I wrong?

All I'm saying is... if there was an official explanation for why the warders started spawning again post-awakening, it was probably pretty thin. Why make them go away in the first place? Maybe give 'em a month paid vacay after Kerafyrm has his little tantrum.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What mob dropped the elder beads?
Holgresh Elders in Wakening Lands.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holgresh Elders in Wakening Lands.
Are they a static spawn? Something Necros can solo camp?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

HEBs are campable. Theres wandering spawns, but theres a cave with 8 (I Think) static spawns. They were a fairly rare drop on live, I think something like 3-4 hours average clearing the cave for a pair. And yeah, 60 necros can solo the camp.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know that much about the ST "revamp". I raided ST before that went in... I think it was probably post-awakening, but my guild was only able to do the mini-bosses anyway. However - I did go in much, much later to kill warders with a small strike team. The loot all seemed to be ancient garbage - quest junk for Plane of Mischief and so forth. I don't think the revamp did much to these particular loot tables - am I wrong?

All I'm saying is... if there was an official explanation for why the warders started spawning again post-awakening, it was probably pretty thin. Why make them go away in the first place? Maybe give 'em a month paid vacay after Kerafyrm has his little tantrum.
There was a revamp early PoP/late Luclin that removed "Primal" weapons and replaced it with "Ancient Prismatic" weapons or something to that effect. It also re-added dragons, but their loot wasn't particularly out-of-scale for Velious. It was just different than the Warders.

Edit: Changes were made just a few months before PoP according to post dates on alla's:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=16074
Last edited by Ferok; 11-05-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

The ST Revamp loot is quite a bit better than the original ST loot (minus Shroud and SoD, but plus a bunch of stuff); however, it's just top of the line Velious stuff - not even Luclin Raid quality.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ST Revamp loot is quite a bit better than the original ST loot (minus Shroud and SoD, but plus a bunch of stuff); however, it's just top of the line Velious stuff - not even Luclin Raid quality.
You're right, I had forgotten how bad the original warder loot was. It's WToV loot.

The Ancient dragon loot was more like King-loot (and quests).

Either way, nothing game breaking. The original ST was meant to be used as a crutch to get past the toughest Velious targets. The revamps just made it less a means to an end, and more an end in-and-of itself.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

So what is the final big addition to Velious before Luclin was released (like epics for Kunark)?

Just curious what to watch for as the final "official timeline" addition this server will have. After that at some point discussion would likely begin on custom content
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Raiding Wise, Hate and Fear Revamps and I think the addition of Tunare. I don't think she was itemized when Velious launched, but I'm too lazy to look this up.

Another fun thing to add to the Velious Nerf list is the 60 second cleric BPs.
Closed Thread