Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Large Rat

Default Tranquil Staff: Need Before Greed?

I've been camping LCY for a couple days in KC... haven't seen a tranquil staff drop yet, but got into a discussion today with a ranger in the group. He said that everyone gets to roll on the T staff if it drops because it's 30k for any class. That's great for him, but my 51 monk is my main and that's who I was playing. If the T staff would have dropped I was going to grab it and never look back, whether people roll or not.

Now, this seems to me like that's what should happen. 6 players in the group and only 1 monk, using an imbued fighters staff. The T staff is an upgrade for the monk. What are the server rules in this situation? I don't want to just ninja the T staff but I definately don't think that other group members have the same rights to it as I do. Ideas?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Aviak

It's something you should work out with the group. I'm inclined to agree with you.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

That's going to be a decision made on a group by group basis, and it's probably best to find out what everybody is thinking before that T-Staff drops, or else they are going to throw a shit. They obviously want the 30k =P

Funny how spells in Crypt always seem to go to the person who needs it etc. but as soon as a JBB drops everybody is rolling including the Shaman.

If you want to ensure an NBG looting policy for your group I'd suggest grouping with friends or guildies, not randoms.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 10-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Aviak

Tell him to take a hike!

By his logic ANY item should be ."insert value here". therefore anyone can roll on anything?

I think not!

My ride
Old 10-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Yay another NBG thread.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

This sort of thing is established on a group by group basis. If you ninja a t staff without establishing nbg, be prepared to be thrust into the forum spotlight and make enemies with those you were grouping with, as well as their guilds potentially
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

I have always said that any item worth any kind of market value should always be rolled on.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampfeet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone can use the 30k to buy an upgrade stop being a greedy terd
Obviously you're being the greedy terd... I said in my post that my main is the 51 monk... that's my highest level character... you are probably the TMO ranger whose eyes got real big at the thought of winning the T staff over the monk... who cares if you need the 30k... 30k isnt what dropped, it's a T staff monk useable only.. get your head out of your ass... the monk needs to get that.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbacca32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously you're being the greedy terd... I said in my post that my main is the 51 monk... that's my highest level character... you are probably the TMO ranger whose eyes got real big at the thought of winning the T staff over the monk... who cares if you need the 30k... 30k isnt what dropped, it's a T staff monk useable only.. get your head out of your ass... the monk needs to get that.
There's nothing wrong with either loot method as long as the group agrees. Is it really so hard to imagine someone wanting a fair shot at something valuable they spent hours contributing towards?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned

you don't NEED it, any more than a member of a group NEEDS 30k. It's a weapon upgrade, that 30k could turn into a massive number of upgrades for other classes as well.
Closed Thread