Old 10-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Summoning a pet was a death wish as far as I could tell

Other than that, seemed straight forward

Bash stun RNG from guardians could be a factor too

Everquest tho
Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Zelina summoned a pet every round except for the third match of the final round and ended up winning it all.

Other than her, pets didn't seem to work all that well, agree with that.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is the case you guys should have rescheduled it for a different weekend to promote fairness. I know like 1/3rd into the tournament hardly any of the mobs were split attacking; it was two mobs spawned on one person which at one point became three because one of them was dual wielding and not respawned as a normal mob. Hella fun event, but fair? Hardly, I beg to differ with all due respect of those thinking it was. Sometimes you take what you get, but I really did not know the mobs were GM controlled that's pretty bogus if they aren't able to be evenly distributed.
If you watched all the encs fights.. It looked like all aggro was predetermined when mob became active, but if it passed another mob the social aggro took over .. Or if you rune/bedlam yourself you got all the aggro. It was something I noticed at least .. That is why I kept my eye open when I thought mobs would be inc and why I tried to train around the adds to help social aggro on my opponent.. I noticed others doing the same thing, or even better memblurring the adds.

I think it was completely fair if we were all watching and participating under the same circumstances.. I got my share of duel wielding adds and trained mobs on me also. I blame the duel wielding adds on the encs that gave them the weapons!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girthro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
£10 says Zelina was drunk when she made everyone look silly. Grats girl!
Surprisingly not!! I was way too nervous to drink!

Don't worry though, I did plenty of drinking after to make up for it!!! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason why i have my nickname for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Grats hun well deserved
I guess I live up to that nickname yet again! I can't even be mad!!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you watched all the encs fights.. It looked like all aggro was predetermined when mob became active
I did watch them all, and what you're saying strengthens my point. Many of the matches I watched the mobs were sent 1 per ench. In many of the later matches, mine included, the mobs were double spawned/sent whatever you want to call it onto one person not split between the two people. They weren't proxy switched on agro (or by a certain spell) that was something I managed to adjust with strafe, but when you eat 2 quads (dual wield that shoulda been respawned as regular) + another mob there is a blatant disadvantage. Just a unbalanced consistency from match to match in regard to NPCs.

Doesn't mean it wasn't fun, an entertaining watch, or that many of the wins weren't great wins. Just from a personal standpoint I would have enjoyed it being more based on skill and strat, not whether or not you had all the mobs spawned on you; or if you could proxy agro/kite the longest. Which was forced as the second wave of mobs seemed to come a bit sooner each time as rounds progressed. As I said in my earlier post I enjoyed it as anything in P99, but finding out that the mobs targets were chosen, but seeing obvious times where both instant engaged one person it was questionable.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprisingly not!! I was way too nervous to drink!

Don't worry though, I did plenty of drinking after to make up for it!!! <3
My liver is almost ready for the Derpening 2: Derp Harder
Old 10-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

One thing that got a few contestants, definitely myself included, was a severe misunderstanding of the mob mechanics of what we had versus what we expected from botb live research. My death was mostly due to my stubbornness to not adapt to what was staring me in the face. With the lava guardians buffing themselves with a DS, charm became a lot more practicable and dispel proof. I saw that the circumstances were wildly different, but I still acted as if my plan was still viable. Bad move.

I spoke with several enchanters who competed on the live botb, and did a lot of archive.org research, and from what I could find is that 4 mobs were initially spawned, one of each corner, and they were around level 35 (exactly the same strength as inner city guards). However, they were undead and used the undead aggro mechanics of always attacking the nearest person. In addition the initial four mobs would not aggro on you from their starting position as long as you stayed in the middle four squares of the arena platform. If the botb went on too long the GMs would dump several more of the lvl 35 undead in the dead middle of the platform.

Enchantering is about flowing with the unanticipated and a lot of us were victim to over-planning and strict expectation.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think it was completely fair if we were all watching and participating under the same circumstances.. I got my share of duel wielding adds and trained mobs on me also. I blame the duel wielding adds on the encs that gave them the weapons!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats on the win, but to address your points about it being completely fair:

Yes, people had equal access to watch the stream, if they wanted.

No, people didn't have equal circumstances. Some enchanters in the early rounds where not given time to even memorize their 8 spells before the fight clock was started. Enchanters started not accepting the GM rez until they memorized their spells. NPCs should have been respawned if they got weapons or mage masks after each fight. There was inconsistency with the buff timing and engage count down timer running before enchanters announced ready.

Better solution than social lava guardians would have been spawn 4x level 35 skeletons (basically town guard with skeleton model), one at each firepot. Have both enchanters start in the center 4 squares. If they leave, then the skeletons would aggro that enchanter based on the enchanters actions/proximity rather than having to be forced #aggro by the GMs. If the fighting goes for more than a minute start spawning new skeletons in the direct center of the platform, until someone wins.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....I/DtQsx0AkYbQJ
Quote:
That was the Cleric tournament with the red and blue ogre knights.
Go and read the rules page about this one and it states that there will be
an NPC at each of the 4 torches in the corners and also one on each end of
the platform, which after a certain time limit NPCs will start spawing in
the center. If the contestants step out of the center 4 tiles an NPC will
agro on them.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

As an aside, I think they should do a similar event where they just take every enc online and drop them into a fully popped fear with the zone flagged as PVP.

Last man standing wins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did watch them all, and what you're saying strengthens my point. Many of the matches I watched the mobs were sent 1 per ench. In many of the later matches, mine included, the mobs were double spawned/sent whatever you want to call it onto one person not split between the two people. They weren't proxy switched on agro (or by a certain spell) that was something I managed to adjust with strafe, but when you eat 2 quads (dual wield that shoulda been respawned as regular) + another mob there is a blatant disadvantage. Just a unbalanced consistency from match to match in regard to NPCs.

Doesn't mean it wasn't fun, an entertaining watch, or that many of the wins weren't great wins. Just from a personal standpoint I would have enjoyed it being more based on skill and strat, not whether or not you had all the mobs spawned on you; or if you could proxy agro/kite the longest. Which was forced as the second wave of mobs seemed to come a bit sooner each time as rounds progressed. As I said in my earlier post I enjoyed it as anything in P99, but finding out that the mobs targets were chosen, but seeing obvious times where both instant engaged one person it was questionable.
clark doesnt think something is fair? that doesnt sound fair to me.

lmao jk bro

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2014, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clark doesnt think something is fair? that doesnt sound fair to me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread