Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Aviak

PRAISE THULE! His Legion Spits On Those In Alternate Dimensions.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Kobold

I think we all know with the things they're attempting to do, this game is either going to be great, or a complete disaster, with probably 70% chance leaning towards disaster.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Don't knock it till you try it?

Lot of hate here for this game,
personally I will wait till I play till I make a judgement.

Looks interesting to me.
(Started playing Everquest 1 in 1999)

- Acai, Level 45 Ranger of Karana

- Triquetra, Level 55 Shaman of Rallos Zek

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmetz532/videos
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobold

for all the hate about the d3 rmah... i love it .. i made over a thousand dollars the first month and then quit lol
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Kobold

I really hope they do skills better than GW2. The limiting to a max of 8 skills like GW2 is what has me most worried gameplay wise. GW2 allows you to customize here and there, using SOMETIMES INTERESTING skill paths, but I find that generally by level 30 I have effectively all the major skills that I'm gonna acquire for this character.

An example of the more interesting/varied build paths would definitely be the Engineer -- prolly my favorite toon over there. Certain build paths that TOTALLY change the playstyle, and most importantly the FEELING OF PLAYING, that class.

If EQN can nail this, with all of the "40 classes," then the game may have serious hope. I love how the term "WOW killer" has basically fallen out the vernacular, LOL!!!! It's simply no longer said about any MMO!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how the term "WOW killer" has basically fallen out the vernacular, LOL!!!! It's simply no longer said about any MMO!!!
There's no glory in killing something that's already killing itself.

I would love for gamers to boycott the myriad crappy MMOs to make a point but it will never happen. Gamers will keep buying them out of curiosity because "maybe this one will be better." They know everyone wants to be on the ground floor IF it's a success so there will always be huge launch numbers.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

I was extremely skeptical, the multiclass announcements and animations made me throw up in my mouth as well. But the more they talk about how those things work that it takes lots of time and your race matters and your personal factions matter and the no quest log or direction feels a lot like EQ1. The things you do having hidden parameters that stick with your character sounds phenomenal.

Lot's of talk about no hand holding, no wiki's, meaningful death mechanics. They already have said those gameplay clips were beefed up over the top non-realistic play to show off the engine etc.

I'm sold on their ideas, I'm leery of how long it will take to or if they even can/will implement it all.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read: League of Legend's recently released Spirit Guard Udyr skin!!! This CHAMPION RESKIN CAN BE YOURS, FOR THE LOW-LOW PRICE OF JUST $25!!!!

(this is NOT a joke - the skin really DOES cost $25)
Uh you realize that it's a theme skin right?

It includes new spell effects and animations, four model evolutions based on the character stance, and new effects when killing things?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was extremely skeptical, the multiclass announcements and animations made me throw up in my mouth as well. But the more they talk about how those things work that it takes lots of time and your race matters and your personal factions matter and the no quest log or direction feels a lot like EQ1. The things you do having hidden parameters that stick with your character sounds phenomenal.

Lot's of talk about no hand holding, no wiki's, meaningful death mechanics. They already have said those gameplay clips were beefed up over the top non-realistic play to show off the engine etc.

I'm sold on their ideas, I'm leery of how long it will take to or if they even can/will implement it all.

They have absolutely nothing done everything I heard them say was buzz speak and/or generalities.

A lot can change for the better or the worse.

I'm cautiously optimistic
Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Kobold

But it's so much cooler to be recklessly pessimistic.
Closed Thread