Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

i am not sure what exactly i am looking forward at with present eye contact
Old 08-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Just made gold in LoL playing Riven. Does anyone still play this game? Who is the highest elo on here? Crazycloud? I saw he was plat 5 or something.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Not got into ranked sadly, had too long away from the game and need to learn about 12-14 champions that weren't there before. Just the standard games are entertaining at the moment. Fuck up once in a ranked game and the nerd rage reaches epic levels within 5 minutes of the game starting....srs buzniz.

Could probably do Volibear or Rengar in ranked, but I'm distinctly average with other champions and refuse to play Master Yi (still OP/broken), Tryndamere or any of the other YOLO swag picks.

Really enjoying ARAM at the moment when I get time to play, shit is fun and has helped me learn the mechanics behind a bunch of the newer champions I hadn't previously seen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Riven seems great when she gets some momentum going. Thought about spending RPs but I'll wait to use her on a free to play week first I think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Aviak

There's a few mid tier diamond players on our server, i can't remember their forum names tho i just know them on league.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few mid tier diamond players on our server, i can't remember their forum names tho i just know them on league.
I could go from gold to plat if all I do is play the same 3-5 champs over and over, but it's extremely boring, so it's making me want to quit playing. Anything gold or higher feels more like a job than fun. If you don't plan to play on a pro LoL team....what's the point.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Gold 4 here. My IGN is "Dirkus" if anyone wants to play.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Kobold

New Favorite Dota2 Hero Commentator: Witch Doctor!!!!

He's got this long duration 12 second DoT that does huge damage. If you drop it on someone and they run (but it's gonna kill em) he says things like "wait for it....wwaiiittt for itt!!!" then bursts out laughing when they die.

This is especially funny because the enemy hero can also hear him saying "wait for it" as they desperately run towards the fountain!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Kobold

Also, seriously, fuck League of Legends.

LOL was my first MOBA, never played DOTA, but DOTA2 is so far beyond League it's not even funny.

Course the FINAL nail in the coffin for me was the simple fact that Riot games reinvests NOTHING of teh fortunes they make. They still have shit-terrible servers, and they still have SEVERAL OF THE SAME BUGS THAT HAVE EXISTED SINCE ***BETA***

It's just hard for me to continue supporting a company that gives nothing at all back to their player(customer) base, while simultaneously charing ****$25**** for single hero skins.

I still think it's a great game -- but i simply cannot support such a company. Just goto the LOL "Tribunal Ban Inquiries" forum and read about some of the shit people have been PERMABANNED for; it's completely asinine and completely ridiculous (when the people in question have often spent the entire game in question being harassed, who all gang up to report him cuz he said something like "fuck you" back to them ONCE the entire time)
Old 08-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Dota 2.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHancock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, seriously, fuck League of Legends.

LOL was my first MOBA, never played DOTA, but DOTA2 is so far beyond League it's not even funny.

Course the FINAL nail in the coffin for me was the simple fact that Riot games reinvests NOTHING of teh fortunes they make. They still have shit-terrible servers, and they still have SEVERAL OF THE SAME BUGS THAT HAVE EXISTED SINCE ***BETA***

It's just hard for me to continue supporting a company that gives nothing at all back to their player(customer) base, while simultaneously charing ****$25**** for single hero skins.

I still think it's a great game -- but i simply cannot support such a company. Just goto the LOL "Tribunal Ban Inquiries" forum and read about some of the shit people have been PERMABANNED for; it's completely asinine and completely ridiculous (when the people in question have often spent the entire game in question being harassed, who all gang up to report him cuz he said something like "fuck you" back to them ONCE the entire time)
LoL is great, you just have to tolerate/ignore the community that plays as much as possible. If you can get 5 people to all accept a role at the character selection then the rest of the time they can generally be ignored - just be good and ping for missing enemies etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

DOTA2 on the other hand. I wanted to play but I couldn't get a key, they were far too rare... ::trollface::
Closed Thread