Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Kobold

What you're attempting to do is maintain your point with rhetoric. You have no evidence except to back up anything you've said. None of the statistics change when the suicides are removed. You are still left with more guns, more gun violence, more violence against young people, more violence against women, more violence in the states with more guns, more violence than any other developed country.

Quibbling about what you perceive as skewed evidence with no evidence to back you up leaves your argument vapid. The UPenn study is based on statistics from the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting system, the DOJ's National Crime Victimization Survery and the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System. You've got nothing. If you actually read it, you might learn something.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

An if ya did not know Thailand is under insanely strict gun control a Thai citizen, they must show themselves to be good members of the community and deserve a firearm, show cause for issuance of the licence, and I seem to recall show or pay a specific sum {see below} for a firearm licence to be provided. And these regulations specify the class of weapon you can own,only including shot-guns, and small bore rifles like a 22 caliber...an thats just one i know of the top of my head there are plenty other countrys with gun laws that have insane amounts of crime , do research instead of posting suicide gun control nonsense.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you're attempting to do is maintain your point with rhetoric. You have no evidence except to back up anything you've said. None of the statistics change when the suicides are removed. You are still left with more guns, more gun violence, more violence against young people, more violence against women, more violence in the states with more guns, more violence than any other developed country.

Quibbling about what you perceive as skewed evidence with no evidence to back you up leaves your argument vapid. The UPenn study is based on statistics from the CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting system, the DOJ's National Crime Victimization Survery and the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System. You've got nothing. If you actually read it, you might learn something.
I'm not doing research to appease your failed research. It is clear that you used statistics that included suicide rates. Those same suicide statistics are now being called violence by you (further misusing your facts). I'm not going to debate with someone that can't see the fault in that. I don't need to read it anymore, it clearly stated suicides as part of the study and mentions only death by firearms, not homicides.

There are many places where firearms have been required of residents and the populations have not only increased but crime decreased as well. If you're so hard up for researching, take a moment to check it out. The only thing I can tell is that the "gun control" that the government is doing now isn't working and they won't to do more "gun control" because of how effective it's been so far. I'm not sure about you, but the last time I did something and it failed, I didn't keep doing it hoping for a better result.

You can keep pushing those violent suicide crimes tho. I am getting a good chuckle out of that.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please post Evidence of Gun control making crime rate go down. You've got nothing except establishment gun grabbing bullshit, the Attorney General Eric Holder is on TV saying we need to brain wash people into gun control, does not mean its evidence, spewing DoJ FBI Bullshit is not evidence, i linked the numbers an stated a quick fact its up to you to actually do research, prove me wrong an show me where gun control has helped crime rate and "gun violence" decrease. And to keep with the thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

The statistics are citing deaths by firearms, you stupid fucking brats.

Suicide, homicide; it's all death.

Also, who the fuck is even advocating gun control in this thread? I don't see anyone saying we need to rewrite the Constitution, although I'll admit I don't read even half the posts that get barfed out around here.

To me, it looks like some people are arguing that more guns make the populace safer from gun violence while others are pointing out how ridiculous that sentiment is.

The gun crowd just loves to climb up on its cross, though.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, who the fuck is even advocating gun control in this thread? I don't see anyone saying we need to rewrite the Constitution, although I'll admit I don't read even half the posts that get barfed out around here.

To me, it looks like some people are arguing that more guns make the populace safer from gun violence while others are pointing out how ridiculous that sentiment is.

Congrats, you can read what everyone else was able to read. Don't you feel special that you were able to determine that it said death by firearms and concluded that it was tallying the suicides with homicides. Suicides and Homicides mean someone died too, oh man you're on a roll.

Now tell me more about how people didn't commit suicide without guns.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok i am getting out of this thread but wtf are you talking about ? Less guns sure as hell dont make it safer !! the number one cause of death the past 100 years is democide not homicide or suicide you dumb shit! Governments routinely murder millions

So Here’s a short list of government mass murder carried out throughout the past 100 or so years, almost ALWAYS immediately following the disarmament of the public (and usually involving staged false flag events to justify the disarmament):
50+ million dead: Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50)
12+ million dead: Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) – concentration camps, civilian deaths and dead Russian POWs
8+ million dead: Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908)
6+ million dead: Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39)
5+ million dead: Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44)
2+ million dead: Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-22)
1.7 million dead: Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79)
1.6 million dead: Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94)
1.5 million dead: Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78)
1 million dead: Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970)
900,000 dead: Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982)
800,000 dead: Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994)
See more at:
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html
Death by government:
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.CHAP1.HTM

A “monopoly of force” in government is FAR more dangerous than a crazed lone shooter
So yes, James Holmes The batman killer and other crazed shooters kill a number of people each year in random acts of violence. It’s horrifying and wrong, but it’s nothing compared to the millions of lives that governments tend to destroy when they gain total power over the populace.
The most dangerous thing in the world, it turns out, is not a crazy person with a rifle; it’s a government with a “monopoly of force” over the entire population. And that’s exactly what the UN spells out as its goal for the world: Stripping all power from individual citizens and handing “monopolies of force” to the governments of the world, faking their positions as the only “legitimate” power on the planet.
BAN CARS BAN GUNS HURRR HURRR, fucking sheep
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suicide is about 90% of the numbers you listed, remove suicide an than check it, Because it is a very high rate of death in the USA. So redo it an look that up! Any Nation with gun control laws have insanely higher crime rate than America because only the criminals and cops have guns, they know you are unarmed so in return you are more likely to get robbed.
did some of your research for ya, stop being brainwashed gun control does not mean crazy people wont get guns, thats like saying drug control will end all drug use, its just illogical. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms
No, suicide is not 90% of the numbers. The charts in the report make the comparison of suicides and homicides and you didn't even look at it. In Louisiana, the most violent state, the numbers are roughly equal.

In contrast, I did look at your chart which shows the United States fourth in the world for gun homicides, with no other developed countries in the top ten, below which the numbers drop precipitously.

It's not surprising that you choose to live in a universe of subjective truth and cognitive dissonance, but it is nonetheless sad.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not doing research to appease your failed research. It is clear that you used statistics that included suicide rates. Those same suicide statistics are now being called violence by you (further misusing your facts). I'm not going to debate with someone that can't see the fault in that. I don't need to read it anymore, it clearly stated suicides as part of the study and mentions only death by firearms, not homicides.

There are many places where firearms have been required of residents and the populations have not only increased but crime decreased as well. If you're so hard up for researching, take a moment to check it out. The only thing I can tell is that the "gun control" that the government is doing now isn't working and they won't to do more "gun control" because of how effective it's been so far. I'm not sure about you, but the last time I did something and it failed, I didn't keep doing it hoping for a better result.

You can keep pushing those violent suicide crimes tho. I am getting a good chuckle out of that.
It's pretty obvious that you didn't even glance at the report, with its clear infographics displaying homicides and suicides by state. I do hope that it's not your kid who shoots himself with your gun.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok i am getting out of this thread but wtf are you talking about ? Less guns sure as hell dont make it safer !! the number one cause of death the past 100 years is democide not homicide or suicide you dumb shit! Governments routinely murder millions

So Here’s a short list of government mass murder carried out throughout the past 100 or so years, almost ALWAYS immediately following the disarmament of the public (and usually involving staged false flag events to justify the disarmament):
50+ million dead: Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50)
12+ million dead: Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) – concentration camps, civilian deaths and dead Russian POWs
8+ million dead: Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908)
6+ million dead: Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39)
5+ million dead: Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44)
2+ million dead: Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-22)
1.7 million dead: Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79)
1.6 million dead: Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94)
1.5 million dead: Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78)
1 million dead: Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970)
900,000 dead: Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982)
800,000 dead: Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994)
See more at:
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html
Death by government:
http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/DBG.CHAP1.HTM

A “monopoly of force” in government is FAR more dangerous than a crazed lone shooter
So yes, James Holmes The batman killer and other crazed shooters kill a number of people each year in random acts of violence. It’s horrifying and wrong, but it’s nothing compared to the millions of lives that governments tend to destroy when they gain total power over the populace.
The most dangerous thing in the world, it turns out, is not a crazy person with a rifle; it’s a government with a “monopoly of force” over the entire population. And that’s exactly what the UN spells out as its goal for the world: Stripping all power from individual citizens and handing “monopolies of force” to the governments of the world, faking their positions as the only “legitimate” power on the planet.
BAN CARS BAN GUNS HURRR HURRR, fucking sheep
Godwin's law invoked, thread complete.
Closed Thread