Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But by the point he sold the rights in 2007 I think he should have known then that his writing pace would probably be eclipsed by a show.
Couldn't have known. Most of us go through life with the best of intentions. You can read through the history of this thread and it took some time for it to set in that the show was going to overrun the books. If Winds of Winter was coming out this spring, the show wouldn't be overrunning the books.

And yeah, he bit off more than he could chew, just like Robert Jordan. My pal that I played EQ live with back in the day gave me the first 6-7 books of Wheel of Time. I tore through them and realized he was only halfway done with the series at best. I told my pal Ratch right then that Jordan would never live to finish the series. I'll be amazed if Martin lives to finish his either. I think he's having trouble finishing it because his mind's already going.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
trailer was interesting. Jaime in Dorne almost assures there will be no stone heart either. they could give her revenge plots to sansa maybe? who knows.

as far as Aegon, also had him pegged as a blackfyre or straight up fake, so not a big shocker there. just sucks cause now i know that any chapters with aegon are a waste of time.

the thing that pisses me off the most is the apparent cutting of Victarion and Euron. even moreso than Arianne Martell being cut, an i believe replaced with Oberyns whore from last season.

also saw Kevan and Lancel Lannister on the cast sheets, which means more changes, or they need to put Varys back in KL at some point
Sansa is totally going to take over the Coldheart role I think she is gonna start hanging traitors soon.

I don't think they are cutting my boy Euron because I subscribe to the theory that Daario is Euron and they are just trying to find a way to introduce it.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sansa is totally going to take over the Coldheart role I think she is gonna start hanging traitors soon.

I don't think they are cutting my boy Euron because I subscribe to the theory that Daario is Euron and they are just trying to find a way to introduce it.
ive read all the daario=euron theories (and heres a link to a list of them - http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/253zbx/). i just have a hard time accepting them. Daario isnt just missing, hes a hostage. we know where he is. for him to be euron would mean that the harpy group would have been ok with releasing arguably their most valuable hostage. i just dont see the greyjoys being super important to the show story. i mean what do Euron or Victarion actually do? Euron becomes king, and sends Vic to get Dany. Dany already has 93 mereen ships (as mentioned last season by darrio), they ships will be used to replace Victarions. the Show has seemingly cut the two horns from the show as well. so really, you can cut victarion and euron, and have asha win the kingsmoot.

in the books, i see Vic and Dany making a deal, he sails her west and she helps depose Euron. Dany would also need a navy to battle now that stannis is being back by the iron bank of braavos, and again Victarion can provide her with this.

but doesnt matter, cause i also feel Dany will die at the end. she'll sacrifice herself to save the rest of us in a very jesus'ish manner, essentially leaving the iron throne to Jon.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HOLY SHIT! Episode 1 got leaked on youtube!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqgdyn6wg7E
bahahaha!
Old 02-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HOLY SHIT! Episode 1 got leaked on youtube!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqgdyn6wg7E
LOL he turned his head and coughed. Also the dinklage part hahahaha
Old 02-06-2015, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive read all the daario=euron theories (and heres a link to a list of them - http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/253zbx/). i just have a hard time accepting them. Daario isnt just missing, hes a hostage. we know where he is. for him to be euron would mean that the harpy group would have been ok with releasing arguably their most valuable hostage. i just dont see the greyjoys being super important to the show story. i mean what do Euron or Victarion actually do? Euron becomes king, and sends Vic to get Dany. Dany already has 93 mereen ships (as mentioned last season by darrio), they ships will be used to replace Victarions. the Show has seemingly cut the two horns from the show as well. so really, you can cut victarion and euron, and have asha win the kingsmoot.

in the books, i see Vic and Dany making a deal, he sails her west and she helps depose Euron. Dany would also need a navy to battle now that stannis is being back by the iron bank of braavos, and again Victarion can provide her with this.

but doesnt matter, cause i also feel Dany will die at the end. she'll sacrifice herself to save the rest of us in a very jesus'ish manner, essentially leaving the iron throne to Jon.
all hail king jon snow
Old 02-07-2015, 03:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

im gonna be really angry if they try to put a pretty lil bow on this story and give everyone happy endings. if Jon is gonna hookup with his aunt and rule the land together with her, im going to throw up and burn my books. not just the grrm books either. ill just be done with reading all together.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
im gonna be really angry if they try to put a pretty lil bow on this story and give everyone happy endings. if Jon is gonna hookup with his aunt and rule the land together with her, im going to throw up and burn my books. not just the grrm books either. ill just be done with reading all together.
I have faith in Martin, this is ASOIAF after all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"I'm not saying all men must die, but they must"
Old 02-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Now whether or not he'll have completed the series before he's in the grave, that I don't have so much faith in
Old 02-07-2015, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Dany clearly going bonkers by the end of the series. Bringing dat fire and blood over for real. She can conquer, but she clearly can't rule.