Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Merchants

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Default Merchants turning away too fast...

The latest patch had a change where quest NPCs would turn back to their regular facing position after a passing of time. I've noticed that viewing merchants' wares will have the merchant turn very briefly and then revert back to their regular facing position. Whether merchants and quest NPCs are bound by the same coding I would not know. Before, the merchant would face you for quite some time, especially appearing to be "interacting" with you while you were buying and selling. While not game breaking at all, it does appear ~off~.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:58 PM
Developer

Forwarded this to Haynar. He says that he'll be looking into it.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The latest patch had a change where quest NPCs would turn back to their regular facing position after a passing of time. I've noticed that viewing merchants' wares will have the merchant turn very briefly and then revert back to their regular facing position. Whether merchants and quest NPCs are bound by the same coding I would not know. Before, the merchant would face you for quite some time, especially appearing to be "interacting" with you while you were buying and selling. While not game breaking at all, it does appear ~off~.
It's been ~15 years at this point but I seem to remember merchants on live turning for a while & having to wait for them to turn back around for times I was using sneak. I.e. sneak, click on merchant, if sneak fails they'd give me a cold stare for a few bit before resetting.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Haynar: Stationary mobs with quests, who face their target after hailing, will return to face their original heading after a delay.
This appears to be happening with every NPC in towns - not just merchants, or "stationary mobs with quests."
Old 01-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Kobold

Bump
Closed Thread