Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by worch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
, it would be too powerful. You could increase faction standing from max scowling up to warmly. That'd not be in line with EQSongs:
Not even close to accurate.

Assuming a 20 Wind Modifier it would boost 1220 faction at level 60. This would, prior to any class/religion/race modifiers take you from...

Max Scowling (-2000) to Threateningly (-780)

Max Threateningly (-1049) to Amiable (171)

Lowest end of Dubious (-699) to Kindly (521)

Lowest end of Indifferent (-50) to Ally (1170)

With the best instrument modifier (24 Wind from Fear) you could get from Max Scowling to -536 Dubious. Factor in racial or class modifiers that can easily give you several hundred negative points on top of whatever your current faction is and there are still factions that you can never become non-KOS to even with the best instrument.

Evidence has been provided showing that it is to be modified by instrument. It seems it was working properly here but changed due to a bug report

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...94&postcount=1

Quote:
I know this was recently "fixed", but I think it was fixed a little too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I used this song on a mob that was dubious, and without a wind instrument it went to apprehensive. Then I tried with a wind instrument and it went all the way up to kindly. I doubt this is working as intended.

edit: it's also lasting forever, not sure if that's intended.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Which provided no research links whatsover, merely a 'I think.."

If need be I will compile all the research links from this thread, as well as look for additional ones.
Last edited by Aalderon Crystafire; 02-26-2016 at 06:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2016, 03:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With regards to all the memories about how awesome it used to be, im gonna have to nope.jpg all over you. my main was a bard.

My description is how it should be working. It sounds like there may be something in the source overriding the actual modifier calculation and causing it to make a much larger jump than should be possible.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...07362463284315

I don't know what else to say, this song got broken based on one person's testimony and now that we give ours you will "nope" all over us, that makes sense.

I repeat what I said in another way, tell me of a single song which is unaffected by instrument/singing mods in some form and is not an utility or a pure haste song.

There isn't one, or at least there shouldn't be. Except now we have this one that got "nerfed" based on 0 evidence, on a gut feeling that it was too powerful.

The only official modification this song ever got was not being able to cast on vendors in live, and that is in a timeline we will never ever reach.

Only a few status never get modified by song modificators, these are : haste, slow and mana regen. Considering most of bard songs are hybrids in that regard, the other parts always get modified somehow.

This song also gets stronger as you level up, like every other instrument modifiable part of every other song out there.

You still don't see the pattern?
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

I think this thread has gotten a little bit off topic.
We should ignore the fact that illusions add or subtract extra faction mechanics; because that's a separate mechanic - and whilst it can help or hinder the faction song - it is a separate item.

The initial evidence presented is that way back machine says that the Wind Instrument Modifier should be applied to this song. Unfortunately it seems that eqsongs.com has been removed from wayback machine because of robots.txt; and currently the site is shutdown.

Since the Song is also level based, it will also be adjusted based on your character level. Meaning that some quotes of "from indifferently will usually raise you to amiably" depends on what level character you're testing it with and makes the generalisation of "x instrument increases by y amount" a variable target.

The initial evidence presented is that the Wind Instrument SHOULD make a difference to the song. Currently on P99 it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradnerLives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

JUNE 2000
EQLizer
Quote:
11- Cinda's Charismatic Carillon - Adds the targeted NPCs faction to you.
Uses a wind instrument, can be sung for lesser effect.

APRIL 2001
EQSongs
Quote:
The size of each faction rank seems to be different so the song may raise you anywhere from 0 to 2 ranks. Using a wind instrument seems to enhance the effect slightly. Using a magic flute will add more faction then a store bought flute.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

please don't forget the bard love
/bump
Old 05-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Tl : DR:, wind instrument modifiers should apply to faction increases from Cinda's Charismatic Carillon
Old 10-17-2016, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tl : DR:, wind instrument modifiers should apply to faction increases from Cinda's Charismatic Carillon
Quote:
please don't forget the bard love
Old 10-22-2016, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

It's pretty much already been proven, but - this definitely used to be affected by instruments. Whenever I had to use it, I would test it without an instrument, and then with, to see if the instrument put me into the next faction level. It often did.