Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-06-2023, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

imagine not having mobs to kill in camp constantly

laughing pretty hard at how bad / slow people are at this game

if your tank is sitting you're doing it wrong
Old 10-06-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

It takes a lot of work to run a hybrid out of mana if casting level 9 taunt spells though. Well, maybe SK’s until DC is fixed.

If a cleric is running out of mana in grind situations the rest of the group need to find the god of their choice.

Group xp isn’t difficult. Doesn’t matter what class the tank is.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine not grouping with a class that can root. Lol.

Wars truly best.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

In 95% of groups I join with a warrior tanking, nobody roots to help the Warrior tank. So, it seems like the overwhelming majority of people in this game are "baddies". I suppose it gets exhausting in a game to constantly root for your tank when you could be doing other things with your mana.

I mean, sure, you could argue if there aren't mobs in camp constantly, then you're doing it wrong. The thing is: that still makes knights better, since they don't need to wait for a lucky proc or a group member rooting. A single Flash from a Paladin, and your Rogue doesn't need to hold back. That increases the kill speed, does it not? Depending on the camp and the DPS, the knights may be able to clear before they deplete their entire mana bar.

You can argue this and that all day about how Warriors are awesome, but they need some serious hand holding in groups and a boatload of platinum. All other classes are self-contained compared to this poorly designed class.
Old 10-07-2023, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 95% of groups I join with a warrior tanking, nobody roots to help the Warrior tank. So, it seems like the overwhelming majority of people in this game are "baddies". I suppose it gets exhausting in a game to constantly root for your tank when you could be doing other things with your mana.

I mean, sure, you could argue if there aren't mobs in camp constantly, then you're doing it wrong. The thing is: that still makes knights better, since they don't need to wait for a lucky proc or a group member rooting. A single Flash from a Paladin, and your Rogue doesn't need to hold back. That increases the kill speed, does it not? Depending on the camp and the DPS, the knights may be able to clear before they deplete their entire mana bar.
Arguably this is what gives paladin and ranger the edge, as both have root; even if a better geared, higher level tank joins group, they can transition from tank to puller and use root to keep the target on the warrior if need be, while also providing light cc. Warrior still has role versatility, since it can hover around low health to put out respectable damage with the risk of drawing blood aggro.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Banned

If you don't have a bard, ranger, monk etc non stop pulling... with a phat geared war or w/e or having 3-5 classes in your party with root and c2 etc doing work

Lol

Warrior best tank in game

Raid and group

Get better gear, sorry ur war is in banded and not full skyshrine at lvl 40 with will sapper, wave crasher epiz git gud, games old and so are you, it's solved, stop all the bs theory crafting

/Thread repeat add nasume
Old 10-07-2023, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Well, if you put it that way, why wouldn't I just get a Monk if I didn't care about snap aggro? Excellent DPS and excellent AC. And if the group had C2, that's even more of a reason to get a Paladin or Shadowknight. I can whip out a Narandi's (or better) and go to town with snap aggro. We're still talking about two classes that can take a serious wallop, and have access to gear and utility that can help that tanking in a non-raid situation.

Going to Seb with some horrific casters and runners? Why the damn hell wouldn't I take another stun class just to make absolutely certain it doesn't get a gate off? Why wouldn't I want a class with an on demand snare so it doesn't start running and waste time and start a wipe? You think I'd give a crap about Warrior's extra damage and extra survivability?
Old 10-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Don’t need snare if you always keep multiple mobs in camp.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-07-2023, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Several people here apparently haven't grouped with competent, well equipped warriors.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-07-2023, 09:10 PM
Banned

As a healer, I was always topped up on mana with a ogre or troll warrior in a group. Always felt too easy. Staying ahead of Spawns and repops.

With a hybrid in group as main tank. They always drained my mana, had to wait sometimes for them to "med for a min".

This is XP 52-60 ymmv

This coming from someone with a 60 sk, cool snap aggro abilities etc...

Warrior is bis if done right. Sorry you played with shitty warriors in chitty gear.