Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suuuuure. You're totally just a brand new person to P99 who showed up in 2023. Uh huh. We all definitely believe you.
his very first post (was a thread)

https://project1999.com/forums/showt...89#post3626589

lol yeah first timer EH?
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-10-2024 at 03:24 PM..
Old 04-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
his very first post (was a thread)

https://project1999.com/forums/showt...89#post3626589

lol yeah first timer EH?
What a blast to go back and review that. Funny how many parallels there are to this thread like the hilarious amount of irony and crying.
Old 04-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a blast to go back and review that. Funny how many parallels there are to this thread like the hilarious amount of irony and crying.
Cool you have bolded some words. So if your at a spot in the game killing what do you label the spot your killing? Is it your camp? Is it your mobs? Is it your area if your keep the spawns killed? If you have been in a spot for 5 hours and I come in pulling from your area doesn't this mean I'm killing mobs in YOUR CAMP? How do you label a area that your killing?

Funny you take the time to worry about how things are worded when your not even using your brain logically. Hopefully your not in velks one day killing for hours having a blast and have a bard come in barking orders for you to follow if you wish to keep killing in said zone.

If you put more effort into understanding this problem as you do focusing on specific words you would understand. Instead you are trying to be the bards white knight savior and failing at it.

Are you sticking up for those who disrupt zones with no care because you in fact get power leveled by said methods mentioned in this post? Cause any normal player in the game will highly disagree with your horrible logic. Only those who benefit from it find it ok.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If we are wrong about this situation so be it. As of right now GM's take actions against these bards. Meaning this is not ok in their eyes either. You petition a gm comes in and handles the problem with swiftness. The problem is we should not have to report said player IMO. It should just be a flat out rule if your in a zone alone do as you wish if someone is in there show courtesy or move to another zone.
Last edited by nvidor; 04-11-2024 at 08:15 AM..
Old 04-11-2024, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool you have bolded some words. So if your at a spot in the game killing what do you label the spot your killing? Is it your camp? Is it your mobs? Is it your area if your keep the spawns killed? If you have been in a spot for 5 hours and I come in pulling from your area doesn't this mean I'm killing mobs in YOUR CAMP? How do you label a area that your killing?

Funny you take the time to worry about how things are worded when your not even using your brain logically. Hopefully your not in velks one day killing for hours having a blast and have a bard come in barking orders for you to follow if you wish to keep killing in said zone.

If you put more effort into understanding this problem as you do focusing on specific words you would understand. Instead you are trying to be the bards white knight savior and failing at it.

Are you sticking up for those who disrupt zones with no care because you in fact get power leveled by said methods mentioned in this post? Cause any normal player in the game will highly disagree with your horrible logic. Only those who benefit from it find it ok.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

If we are wrong about this situation so be it. As of right now GM's take actions against these bards. Meaning this is not ok in their eyes either. You petition a gm comes in and handles the problem with swiftness. The problem is we should not have to report said player IMO. It should just be a flat out rule if your in a zone alone do as you wish if someone is in there show courtesy or move to another zone.

Its not my anything that's the point. I'm not entitled to anything, my ability to hold down a "camp" or spawns is directly correlated to my ability to obtain FTE on each mob, kill the mob, and FTE and kill the mob immediately upon it respawning over and over until I leave. If someone comes in and kills a mob that I desire I don't petition or make a cry thread on the forums. I mark down the TOD and I prepare to be there for FTE on respawn. If there are no mobs alive there are no mobs to take, train, or swarm and you won't have issues or conflicts with other players. When someone comes into an area where I'm camping out they leave because there is nothing for them to do other than watch me sitting on top of the next spawn point waiting for the mob to pop on top of me.

I fully understand the issue, never once will I contend that the pathing near the entrance in Velks would benefit from some dev work or the viable strats enchanters use to solo. Every class has strengths and limitations, what I will contest is that there should never be dialogue, rules, or GM action against players for playing to the strengths of their class, within the rules of the game, to benefit other players based solely on their feeling of entitlement. Like are we really advocating for rules that solely benefit enchanters? Widely regarded as the most powerful solo class in the game, really? Nothing in this thread that you've described is against the PNP policy, a bard came into the zone, grouped up a bunch of mobs that were sitting there un-agro'd at their spawn points and kited them around in a relatively small portion of a zone that is often near empty, a strategy that is employed by a variety of classes in a variety of zones and is tightly engrained in the meta of the majority of the most desired raid mobs in the game. Aside from grouping to tank and spank mobs its likely the #1 way that experience is earned on P99.

Would love to see evidence of all this swift action that GMs are supposedly taking against bards in Velks. Kites and train outs have been litigated tooth and nail in the UN for the entire year I've been around and I'm talking about ones that actually are intended to disrupt entire raid forces and I have yet to see punishment given by the GMs (aside from an actual raid boss being directly trained on top of and killing a raid force, far different from what we're discussing here i.e. training Trakanon on top of poop mountain).

Just because your unwilling or unable to hear the logic doesn't mean that logic isn't being used. I've continued to come back to two statements in this thread. Why are you at the velks entrace? And get good. I don't say this because you shouldn't be allowed to be at velks entrance. Good news for you, you are in fact ENTITLED to be at the velks entrance any time you want! But if instead of complaining, you took a moment to look around at what the top enchanters do, you would find one key difference in why you're here complaining while they are in the game winning.

You see top enchanters, like top players of any class, understand their strengths and limitations and play to them. That's why you see enchanters employ these strats doing it deep inside of zones where its very hard for other players to get to without a significant force to clear the way. Unlike you, they don't expect the rest of the server to completely change the way they play just to avoid any contact with you. Which is why I previously rattled off multiple locations, in the same zone, that would be more fruitful for you. Its why others have suggested that you might fair better in a world where the content is instanced.

YOU are the common denominator here. YOUR logic is that everyone else should do as you see fit, yet you should do nothing that others see fit. YOU expect others to work around you, yet you expect not to work around others. Once you look in the mirror and change the behaviors that are causing these issues you will find that the issues were in your power to resolve in the first place by looking at your own behavior and not crying about others. Once you learn this lesson not only will you get good at EQ, you'll get good at life too.
Last edited by WarpathEQ; 04-11-2024 at 11:06 AM..
Old 04-11-2024, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

I really don't think Warpath fully understands the scenario with respect to the structure of Velks, where the camp is you might be at, where the spawns are, and the Bard pulling from further in the zone/pathing issues etc.

He's basically coming at this from a general camp rules perspective and not actually thinking with respect to context or nuance. Not really surprising though.

Wonder what he will call his next forum account once this one gets banned again.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't think Warpath fully understands the scenario with respect to the structure of Velks, where the camp is you might be at, where the spawns are, and the Bard pulling from further in the zone/pathing issues etc.

He's basically coming at this from a general camp rules perspective and not actually thinking with respect to context or nuance. Not really surprising though.

Wonder what he will call his next forum account once this one gets banned again.
Please regale us with your tales of context and nuance and help educate me on everything I'm missing about the, apparently most complicated, special room in all of EQ, clearly its too complicated for a lay person such as myself to understand. After all I would hate to get banned for pulling mobs from a room when there are other humans in that room staring at those mobs. And I certainly wouldn't want to break the cardinal rule of pulling any mobs that do anything other than run directly towards me. Of course that is if I even survive the most bannable offense of choosing to hunt near an entitled enchanter.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I'm rdy to start my velk PL swarm service
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please regale us with your tales of context and nuance and help educate me on everything I'm missing about the, apparently most complicated, special room in all of EQ, clearly its too complicated for a lay person such as myself to understand. After all I would hate to get banned for pulling mobs from a room when there are other humans in that room staring at those mobs. And I certainly wouldn't want to break the cardinal rule of pulling any mobs that do anything other than run directly towards me. Of course that is if I even survive the most bannable offense of choosing to hunt near an entitled enchanter.
Do you exp in velks by chance? If so you would know that 1 spider can go completely haywire. This spider then can travel from the middle to the top to the bottom bringing everything with it. This is not a simple oh crap sorry my mob did that this is a hey bards know exactly what these mobs are gonna do and do it anyhow.

Unless you understand the pathing in velks there really is not much you can bring to the table with this discussion. 1 mob can bring 20 or more. Everyone of those mobs tagging every player it can see on the way down. They are not pulling and thinking sorry my mob went nuts they know its gonna go nuts and do it anyhow.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm rdy to start my velk PL swarm service
After seeing your bards name.... You are one of the ones who had zero care when you first started swarming. Had gm's get you quite a few times due to rudeness of your responses and lack of care. =) What made it worse with your swarms was you was not to good at it and all those mobs ended up pathing up and killing everyone because you died over and over and over.
Last edited by nvidor; 04-11-2024 at 07:15 PM..
Old 04-11-2024, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After seeing your bards name.... You are one of the ones who had zero care when you first started swarming. Had gm's get you quite a few times due to rudeness of your responses and lack of care. =) What made it worse with your swarms was you was not to good at it and all those mobs ended up pathing up and killing everyone because you died over and over and over.
Reread my bards name and check ur logs cuz I've literally never had a gm message my bard in my life

But nice story bruv
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior