Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

why 35 is that when the good pvp starts?
Old 08-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Fire Giant

Found this video, and it pretty much summarizes the game in an unbiased stance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G0hLWrLJy0
Old 08-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

missed you Koota!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

1.5 hours til my ship is completed. Fuck yeah.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 AM
Sarnak

Im in the alpha so i can answer a few questions. my writing sucks so bare with me.

Leveling:
Its quest based. Follow the breadcrumbs etc etc with a few alternate means of gaining exp. tradeskills and gathering/farming are decent means of exp at lower levels. Running tradepacks ( ill go more into detail in a bit ) is also decent xp but not really viable for leveling unless youre in a guild and the designated turn in guy. One noteworthy thing tho about quests is there are hidden eq style quests. by eq style i mean these arent go from point A to point B and slay X amount of monsters. These are longer, more involved, might actually have to think about what to do or google it style quests. The rewards for which greatly vary.

Pirating and crime points:
This game is pretty open ended on griefing. You can steal from other folks if they plant anything on unprotected land. Unprotected land is basically anything that isnt a public farm or a player owned farm or house. You can pick crops or animals off of a public farm after a 24 hour period of the item being fully matured with ZERO punishment but should you steal crops that were planted off of a player owned farm you will leave footprints that can be clicked and reported for a 24 hour period. wrack up enough crime points and youll go to a player run court. These are hilarious because its what youd expect it to be. a shitshow with nearly every verdict a guilty and trolling. Once you hit 3000 infamy points you are immediately removed from any guild you are in and faction and branded a traitor and a pirate. Pirates are only allowed to group and guild with similarly branded folks and usually inhabit a place in the middle of the ocean between both continents known as pirate island. They are also KoS to both sides. This is a way for all 4 races to be in 1 guild tho.

PVP:
It happens but not till higher levels typically. Most of the pre 30 zones are protected. You can and will run into pvp situations pre 30 if you are doing tradepack runs. Tradepack running is the main source of income for most people and involves farming/gathering and moving specialty goods from 1 province to another. This is where most open world pvp happens. Moving a tradepack greatly reduces your speed and for the best results forces you to cross great stretches of land/sea. For the very best results you must cross the pirate infested oceans. There is an early quest that teaches you about tradepacking and will eventually require you to make one of these ocean trips. I recommend it. youll die but its a learning experience. There are also higher level zones that go into states of war where reds will vie for control of the zone along with PVP arena queuing. I cant comment much on these as I havent done them yet. Im level 33. Keep rerolling to find my niche.

If there are more questions post them here and ill see what I can do to answer them.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:22 AM
Sarnak

Stole enough shit to make a clipper and killed some folks in the process. Pirated for a bit and did hoodrat things. When I was finally killed by somebody I went to court where I basically told everybody I did it and to suck a fat dick resulting in a half an hour in jail. Great success.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Is there a way to decrease your infamy points? This system of "crime points" reminds me of that karma system from Lineage 2, except the punishment could've resulted in you losing all your gear instead of being "banished."
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to decrease your infamy points? This system of "crime points" reminds me of that karma system from Lineage 2, except the punishment could've resulted in you losing all your gear instead of being "banished."
Yes. You can do a quest in the capital cities that reduce crime points. you can also buy a potion using loyalty points gained at a rate of 5 per day and costing 15 or the RL money store. the potion have a 24 hour cooldown as does the quest.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pullyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stole enough shit to make a clipper and killed some folks in the process. Pirated for a bit and did hoodrat things. When I was finally killed by somebody I went to court where I basically told everybody I did it and to suck a fat dick resulting in a half an hour in jail. Great success.
Trial chat is some of the funniest shit I've ever read.

I don't think I've ever seen so many Few Good Men references in one place.

Also, "Firran? GUILTY AS FUCK!"
Old 08-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Banned

labor is fucking dumb

dumb enough to single-handedly make me uninstall and never consider playing again

keep your energy farmville bullshit on facebook you fucking tards
Closed Thread