Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy it. If you find the keep siege zerg scene distasteful, it's not hard to find smaller skirmishes, go ganking, or sneak around and take certain objectives with a group of friends/guildies.
Thats what I'm looking for
Old 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

plz give impressions too. How is the pve aspect of game designed? Is it 90% soloable like swtor?

I always like interesting pve mmo games. That elusive goal. Pvp not so much.

subtext: I really need a game, badly (Elaine Benis face)
Old 04-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plz give impressions too. How is the pve aspect of game designed? Is it 90% soloable like swtor?

I always like interesting pve mmo games. That elusive goal. Pvp not so much.

subtext: I really need a game, badly (Elaine Benis face)
PvE is pretty much soloable. There are dungeons which are obviously not soloable, and they have random world bosses which are marked on your map by a skull and cross bones. You most likely cannot solo those unless you greatly outlevel the boss. They also have dark anchors which are these huge portal things that attach to the ground and shoot out demons. Those you'll need like 6+ people around the same level as the content to beat them. Other than that, the content is very soloable.

Keep in mind that, at least in my opinion, ESO is very story based. If you want to rush though the game to get to the top level, you may find the game to be unoriginal. If you want to get into the story and follow what quests are asking you to do, then I imagine the game will be enjoyable.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Pros:Some strategy,Free to do whatever,tradeskills supplies are everywhere literally,any race can be any class,all classes/races can weath light,medium or heavy armor and can master each type of armor or weapon.Can join up to 5 guilds,bank is shared per account

Cons
Only four classes. Dragonknight,Templar,Nightblade,Sorceror
No name tags above players or NPCs
Only way to level productively is to do never ending chain of quests grinding mobs is dreadful there is one spot level 4-8 but after that its meh.
Tons of useful features missing have to download Minion and use ADD ONS for lots of stuff.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Banned

Nuit Amari. Dunmer, Night Blade, Ebonheart.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

So far seems like a single player game with npcs running around everywhere, but theyre actually players. Early on you are on rails for a guided tutorial then you just roflsolo everything with zero downtime afterwards. Ui is terrible. I miss red99 ooc compared to eso zone chat.

I have no idea wtf i am doing in game yet but what i do know is that lets say u wanna be a healer, you spam can 'smart heals' and dont actually target ppl, juat spam ae heals with no indication or health bars. Its kind of mindless gw2 button mashing designed for a console.

Im going to keep trying, but thats my inital impression.

Visually its impressive, and the action melee combat is fun, but i wish it was slightly closer to eq than gw2, but thats an unrealistic expectation.
Last edited by Squire; 04-07-2014 at 12:00 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

/\ This...
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

eso an wildstar both gonna fail WoD comes out at the end of year with 8 mill subs still on WoW RIP eso and wildstar.

they should have just waited 2-3months after WoD then released since most non hardcore ppl would be bored of WoW by then :P (not saying people aren't bored now) but once WoD is out alot are going to be flocking away from ESO and Wildstar.

i know people gonna be like go back to WoW bleh bleh bleh bleh 8 million subs bros do the math shits dying tho right? dont get me wrong i still love everquest and i will play velious.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Ebonheart Pact, and Aldmeri Dominion.
@Betva
Old 04-08-2014, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Day two.

Ok so the only real way to level is to do quests. One can spam click thru the voiced dialog, follow your compass to the appropriate arrow, run the distance equ. of dreadlands to CoM, press 'e' on a pillar, crystal, or scroll, etc repeat two more time, a boss will threaten you but u dont get to fight it, you just press 'e' on the gem or portal or whatever that keeps him alive, then more dialog, then u get exp and a random item. Ive yet to fight a boss.

All mobs are tethered to their spawn point, if you get too far from it they snap back to it with no aggro and full hp.

Imagine doing a skyrim dungeon puzzle, except there is like eight other ppl there doing the same puzzle independently, sprinting to and from each quest location essentially in single file trains of players just trying to get it over with. People dont seem to talk or group, zone chat is people spamming rmt website urls. While the visuals and sound are top notch for an mmo, the world actually feels more dead than red99.
Last edited by Squire; 04-08-2014 at 02:57 AM..
Closed Thread