Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moklianne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shows like Davinci's Demons tried to capitalize on GoT type story telling as well, but its written very weakly, at least the first 6 or so episodes I saw.
I really tried to like DaVinci's Demons. I'm a fan of the real DaVinci ever since seeing a documentary about him once. Really interesting guy and one of the top 3 historical figures I would loved to meet if I could go back in time.

As for the Vikings show.. have never seen it but I seriously doubt it's better than GoT. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Maybe I'll check it out, maybe I won't. Meh.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

it just doesnt have the hype and fanbase.

DaVinci is good stuff, the davinci code though.....meeeehhhhh

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Whats with the giant fan? surprised he didn't just throw someone into that thing jesus.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Ragnar is a badass

Old 04-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ragnar is a badass
Hes so badass, and so much friggin time passes like a year in one episode no pointless bs here

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 04:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for a tv show its undeniable, got makes for a poor tv show imo. a movie might be able to capture a book. Already decided im done watching this season until its finished and i can watch it at once, forget to much during week long intervals. back on point watched last nights vikings. BLOOD EAGLE! Ragnar is my man
GoT as movies would have been the worst thing ever. but ill stay on topic.

Vikings is a really good show, im not trying to say anything bad about it. last season was a lot of fun, and i saw a couple episodes this season. but then that dragon/zombie/incest show comes back and i give zero fucks about Vikings until my show is over in summer.

has Vikings S2 finished? or still airing? i really am going to enjoy watching it this summer. this very straight forward and simple, doesnt nearly require the amount of thought that GoT does, and sometimes thats exactly what im lookin for

<3

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this very straight forward and simple, doesnt nearly require the amount of thought that GoT does
Takin shots sirken ;p

Dragon zombie incest, this is how im going to describe got to people from now on lol

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

I think the more important thing here is that Game of Thrones books are greater than the television adaption by far.
Emilia Clarke has been a terrible choice for Daenerys and the show is watered down.

While it's true that Game of Thrones can't be captured into a television show with such short seasons, at least the characters are far more believable than the ones in Vikings.

Vikings is not as well produced or scripted. It reminds me of that Sci-Fi show, Defiance. There's too many eye roll/typical moments where the content is clearly made for the average couch potato that doesn't want to have to think too hard, or think at all.

It also follows a very worn out formula of using a protagonist that's an under-dog or rebel, where they manage to out wit and out maneuver the oppressive leaders or the unfair system. By the end of the first few seasons of Spartacus and Vikings, I just wanted to see the main characters crushed into dust and the shows to end - the spoon fed 'misunderstood character with a valiant cause' nonsense became nauseating.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-11-2014 at 04:47 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

no denying the character depth in got is great!

I also heard this morning that the actress playing stormborn has said she won't do anymore "offensive" "innapropriate" scenes, no more nudity from her.

I would hardly say Ragnar is the underdog sure he starts a simple farmer and works his way up but he wasn't an underdog to start with. Was a great warrior great leader he really hasn't changed enough to constitute underdog yet

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread