Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

LMFAO best video BOMB EVER

Old 04-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very straight forward and simple, doesnt nearly require the amount of thought that GoT does, and sometimes thats exactly what im lookin for
i agree with this, but this is representative of the mentality of norse culture. something about their "religion" is very cool to me, very bad assed. the vikings are very straight forward and live behind a simplified set of beliefs. theres was never any backstabbing or unethical power plays made by ragnars bunch, so i can see how one would consider them predictable.

i got to say, that crazy DEA dude from SoA really ruined my immersion, but this new storyline with the english king has redeemed the show. not to mention there are some really good episodes, like the one where they go up the mountain to do drugs, or the battle when ragnars brother betrays him. that was especially cool because it wasnt like in most epics where thousands of dudes are swinging swords and the heroes manage to be the only 15 people still alive. was like a 40-man brawl to the death. metal.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

also guys can we plz not forget this show is on history channel...... it comes on after pawn stars for christ sakes .... for the network its on and the censor they put on TV these days i think this show ranks up there with GoT ... not better than GoT but its up there and for any TV series to compete with HBO series is amazing to me

Old 04-11-2014, 06:26 PM
Banned

last nights ending was crazy

good fucking show
Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also guys can we plz not forget this show is on history channel...... it comes on after pawn stars for christ sakes .... for the network its on and the censor they put on TV these days i think this show ranks up there with GoT ... not better than GoT but its up there and for any TV series to compete with HBO series is amazing to me
again buddy, just imagine if Vikings had a giant budget like some HBO shows. would be pretty sexy to see what they could do with 100 million dollars

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
again buddy, just imagine if Vikings had a giant budget like some HBO shows. would be pretty sexy to see what they could do with 100 million dollars
some sad shit. would be nice if the history channel had more money.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last nights ending was crazy

good fucking show
It was so good, that guy got what he deserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got to say, that crazy DEA dude from SoA really ruined my immersion

really good episodes, like the one where they go up the mountain to do drugs
DEA SoA [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol I loved seeing Rollo just hand the priest a bowl of mushrooms

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats what they're doing ... its not gonna be 100% accurate, would be hard to stick 100% to the story due to lack of detail and information from the time periods.. but so far they are doing a pretty good job ..

and Sirken. how can you not watch both shows at the same time... only 2 days i watch TV all week is thursday night for vikings and sunday night for GoT.....
Yes, because it's not the History channel, amirite?

I enjoy the show a little bit, but I would love it so much more if it stuck to real history. The father of the sons (Ragnar, in the show) is indeed a legendary figure. However, his sons are not. The Great Heathen Army had a good amount of documentation about it. Plus slightly after this period you had one of England's most renowned kings, Alfred. I mean, the show thinks that England is even an idea in the minds of the commoners which is preposterous.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Banned

still better
Old 04-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned

^
Closed Thread