Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-11-2024, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont think its the GMs responsibility to remove these players from the zone. technically speaking, theyre not breaking any PnP policies... but watching a 55+ player spend hours and hours of no-afk style clearing mobs half their level is pretty cringe
Well it depends. They're not breaking any rules if a group of players just gives up and leaves and never tries to claim a camp. But if an EXP group comes in and says to the farmer "we are going to take X camp. If you'd rather have that one then a different one that you're clearing, we're happy to take one of the other ones" then the farmer has to respect that and allow them to have a camp. If the farmer does not, then they would be violating the PNP and can be petitioned.

As far as criticizing them for clearing mobs, why should that be cringe? Unless they're a high end player of a certain class (e.g., Enchanter, Shaman, etc.) then that's the best way for them to farm plat for themselves. It's only cringe if they don't let people have a camp.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

Yah it's cringe when the 55+ won't communicate with the level appropriate group.

Sometimes the high level player will just clear whatever, and make no attempt to "Play nice" with others. Won't respond to tells, won't claim a camp. Just walks around killing everything.

ESPECIALLY since Sol A is a huge zone with so many goblins. If I was going to clear Sol A for bricks of ore, for instance, and there were a group or two of level-appropriate toons in the bar, and nobody up north near the Inferno Goblin Captain spawn - I'd go to the north part of the zone to stay out of the way of the younglings.

That being said, I also have a 60 shaman and 60 enchanter and don't farm bricks of ore on them for plat.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

I have never understood the mentality that just because someone's a certain level they're not allowed to kill mobs because someone else can get exp from it. It's hilarious because of the irony that they think it's rude these high lvls feel entitled to the mobs, yet their argument is that they themselves are actually entitled to the mobs. The lack of self awareness in these situations is astounding.

Is it annoying when a high lvl comes through and takes all the exp mobs from you? Of course. Is it everquest? Yes. Those mobs are just as much for them as they are for you. Just because you don't think so doesn't make it true. Usually kind communication can solve the issue and if it doesnt, switch zones.

They could have many reasons for hunting in that zone...maybe they are nostalgic for the zone, maybe they need the plat, are trying to complete a quest, maybe they just enjoy slaying those mobs. Just because you think a mob needs to give exp for someone to be allowed to kill it is just your own made up selfish rule.

Why not let people play the game how they want? Why do they need to EQ the same way you do? as long as they're not KSing you, they're not breaking any rules.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 04-14-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Old 04-16-2024, 02:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never understood the mentality that just because someone's a certain level they're not allowed to kill mobs because someone else can get exp from it. It's hilarious because of the irony that they think it's rude these high lvls feel entitled to the mobs, yet their argument is that they themselves are actually entitled to the mobs. The lack of self awareness in these situations is astounding.
Is that the argument being made? That you're not allowed to kill specific mobs? I think we're all well-aware of the rules here. Clearly nobody is entitled to any mobs, but a player gaining experience in addition to any other rewards is getting more benefit from the mobs. And I would say mutual respect for that is what's behind the unwritten code, not an astounding lack of self-awareness or whatever.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that the argument being made? That you're not allowed to kill specific mobs? I think we're all well-aware of the rules here. Clearly nobody is entitled to any mobs, but a player gaining experience in addition to any other rewards is getting more benefit from the mobs. And I would say mutual respect for that is what's behind the unwritten code, not an astounding lack of self-awareness or whatever.
TBH this whole conversation is kind of dumb because the vast majority of those people "gaining experience" from the mobs either are leveling alts and have farmed plat in the same manner on their other characters, or otherwise will farm plat in the same manner once they're high enough level. let's not pretend these people are all altruistic here.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TBH this whole conversation is kind of dumb because the vast majority of those people "gaining experience" from the mobs either are leveling alts and have farmed plat in the same manner on their other characters, or otherwise will farm plat in the same manner once they're high enough level. let's not pretend these people are all altruistic here.
I agree, but as someone who loves Sol A: I’ve brought actual new players there on twink alts because I just love the layout of the dungeon as a classic EQ experience.

More times than I’d hope, I’ve run into players thst straight up won’t respond to tells or inquiries about where they’re planning on clearing. They’d rather compete FTE on mobs with players half their level. I don’t feel like dealing with it, and leave. I think it’s cringe. I think it’s cringe to defend high level players that straight up clear a zone without talking to anyone. As of to say “I own this zone now, get over it it’s how I like to play”
Old 04-16-2024, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

To add on: it’s not about the exp. It’s level a level appropriate dungeon for 20-35/40. Which means it’s challenging, especially to newer players, ie: fun. Not as fun as mindlessly going from mob to mob killing them in 15s and looting for hours on end, though.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

If you're set up at a camp they can't just roll through and take those merbs.

If they do, petition. They'll get a nice 1 week vacation after the guide shows up and sees him clearly violating pnp.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

I play here because I don't want to play the piano.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

I'll never give up the mind goblin camp, idc how many level 30s beg me
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior