Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-03-2024, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its my understanding based on any communication I've seen from the staff that the Developers are sole and seperate from CSR which handle the day to day operations
What is your point there? It's still a lot of work and Rogean/Nilbog will consider the impact on CSR of any decision they decide to make
Old 04-03-2024, 10:58 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then I won't be able to run 2 instances of P99 so I can raid on blue and green at the same time because I have mental problems.
Mean but I laughed
Old 04-04-2024, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your point there? It's still a lot of work and Rogean/Nilbog will consider the impact on CSR of any decision they decide to make
My point is the time it takes to run the servers is not Dev time so all the things that CSR is doing is taking 0 time away from the Devs to work on Dev work. It was in direct response to the post I quoted linking the two together that the day to day CSR work was preventing dev work from happening.

There are different humans involved in CSR versus Dev what one human is spending time on does not take away from the other human's time.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point is the time it takes to run the servers is not Dev time so all the things that CSR is doing is taking 0 time away from the Devs to work on Dev work. It was in direct response to the post I quoted linking the two together that the day to day CSR work was preventing dev work from happening.

There are different humans involved in CSR versus Dev what one human is spending time on does not take away from the other human's time.
I mean, okay but not sure how that's relevant.

The devs all have real life jobs and responsibilities. Shit I barely have time to play P99 due to RL...can't imagine how little time the devs have compared to the amount of dev work that's needed.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:02 PM
Aviak

Green was a crippling blow to blue. It made such a deep impact on the server and how its played. In the good ole blue days we use to be able to gear any class with in 30 minutes with pieces were specifically looking for. Now? It can take weeks to just gear 1 character with the specific items you desire. This is no exaggeration either. This is the truth of the matter.

Grouping is at an all time low unless your in the special circle of friends who plan to do things verse old school simply putting your lfg on. Zones that had a nice population now sit empty. While some may love it because they get all the pixels the fact is everquest revolved around the social aspect of the game. How it brought people from around the world together to meet and have fun. This aspect of the game is virtually gone.

It's hard out there as a player who has been around on p99 since the early 2010 days. When the server thrived when you met people daily. When you were able to actually sell an item and not spend days to weeks trying to sell it at a lower cost than listing prices sometimes.

Overall for me the launch of green was the nail in the head to the blue p99 killer. While it may look populated in reality a big portion of the servers online population in reality is only 3 guilds who may be raiding with a full force and a few casuals to fill the numbers.

Server is dead merge them.

Also red is dead let us move our red chars to blue. =)
Old 04-16-2024, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it may look populated in reality a big portion of the servers online population in reality is only 3 guilds who may be raiding with a full force and a few casuals to fill the numbers.
Just described both servers really. But yeah agreed I wish we could get a merge sometime soon. Would be nice to have a packed server again!
Old 04-23-2024, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Merge for sure.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Merge.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2024, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would think that more players would flock to the new Green server to offset the numbers gained from the merge.
This. Yall would get new players. Old ones would stick around on blue or reroll on green.

It's not going to happen around the launch of Teek and Tormax tho.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrizien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
merge blue and green onto red
Lol. Gr8 post from an angel 😇 account.

Thx for the smile Cal.