Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a halfling druid named Djanis <Insanity's Edge>.

I remember several of those names, TB and IE were allies at one point.

Looking forward to team99.
Any PVP focus guild went to war and allied several times. I saw someone post about it in another thread (I think Nirgon) but the unique aspect RZ had was it's politics. It was the only server with FFA pvp. Before the sabbat dissolved and AD came to power, there weren't any huge uberguilds. Lot's of small well organized ones that came together and elected a council, had a DKP system etc. It's really crazy when you think about it, I would literally be fighting a guild and an hour later at raid time we grouped up and killed some PVE content together.

The fact you could enforce policy was what made the server unique. I remember we were at war with some guild and the guild leader happened to be on the sabbat council. Well, enchanter PoH arms or something dropped and he awarded it to an ench in his guild instead of me when it was my turn. There were like 8 of us tB'ers there and we dropped raid and facerolled the 12 or 13 members of his guild up in Hate. Everyone else just stopped and watched because they knew it had to be done. Then we rezzed them back in and kept raiding. Last time that crap ever happened. :P

Team PVP on SZ was fun, definitely more PVP but a lot of it felt artificial. The only real reason I had to kill a dwarf paladin was the fact he was on the other team. Some very epic battles there for sure, and I'm looking forward to t99! I think my fondest memory of that server was when my guild Nine went to war with Infeste Nex because their teenage crap talking guild leader. I think the final kill count was like 130-4 in our favor after a week or two and in order to end the war we necro sac'd their guild leader down from level 60 to 55.

I'm a total carebear now though, but hopefully t99 will awaken my killer instinct!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tremor the little gnome mage
I definitely remember you.

I played Mooge the shaman. Itchybottom, Delarius and Kilor are all on this server as well if you guys remember them. Itchybottom = Frazzles, Delarius = Lazergun and Delarium, Kilor = Kraq here.

We were in fearful symmetry, swarm of fear, shadow of the swarm, reverent etc. Good memories.

We also had alts that ran a PK guild later on (velious + pop) called Los Banditos that nobody knew about. Laann, Psygon, Galgotha, Macoox/Ashraelx, Cyffon, Vagabon etc. Good times. Back then, pk's were so hated that you had to hide it! that will never be replicated.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaiwy0503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely remember you.

I played Mooge the shaman. Itchybottom, Delarius and Kilor are all on this server as well if you guys remember them. Itchybottom = Frazzles, Delarius = Lazergun and Delarium, Kilor = Kraq here.

We were in fearful symmetry, swarm of fear, shadow of the swarm, reverent etc. Good memories.

We also had alts that ran a PK guild later on (velious + pop) called Los Banditos that nobody knew about. Laann, Psygon, Galgotha, Macoox/Ashraelx, Cyffon, Vagabon etc. Good times. Back then, pk's were so hated that you had to hide it! that will never be replicated.
Yep, if you got blacklisted it was a rough go the rest of the way. I think most of the high level people had PKer alts they hid. I had a couple lower level ones, Speedbump the scourge of misty thicket and Zigino gnome necromancer in a level 12-16ish guild we formed called The Gnombino's who were a bunch of gnomes with italian sounding names that terrorized the commonlands area.

I got plenty of PVP at the high end so never felt the need to level up a PK character to max level.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, it was a lot of fun though. We would gear them out with our mains even and kept the pk's at level 60 so we couldn't pvp with 65's. It was awesome fun though. We were the best geared pk's on the server. I do know that.

My favorite memory was when I was on Ashrael (wizard) and walked into KD from the wastes zone line. AD was prepping to kill king. there were like 50 of them sitting at the entrance. one of their twinks was there with a cof on. i walked in, nuked once and then manaburned him and dropped him b4 he even knew what was going on and got his cof and zoned out b4 they even know what was happening. was hilarious.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

I was lookin' for ya last night. Sat at Neriak char starting point watching some monk and druid solo guards they had no business snaring. Fuckers shoulda been taking off light speed into the guard house/bridge at 20%.

Btw ride the shit out of this duo with any melee + a healer (manastone hi) till they fix it luls.

Superling from PB was crawlin' around here too for a while.

RZ best server. Slew Sleeper. Actual resist/reward PvP system with anti-pk and pks then guild wars.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-17-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 09-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was lookin' for ya last night.
I actually PM'd ya a few times around 10 or so CST but didn't get a response. Figured you were raiding and/or afk!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

I blame myself for not making a tell window on the lurk char

These new fangled non-Classic UI mechanics always get me

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Kobold

You play on red or blue mostly?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncapatina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On SZ I formed a guild called <Nine>
I think I've seen a couple nine folks around on Red ... Herb ... maybe Deas if those ring a bell.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncapatina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You play on red or blue mostly?
Blue 100% more classic than red, there's quite a bit of house cleaning to do there. But red is getting its own new PvP dev, and if its who I think it is... great for business.

Nilbog got the ball moving for red a bit recently which is completely appreciated and outside the realm of anything he ever agreed to do.

We'll hafta see about this teams server but if P99 server history is any indication, people will apply the knowledge learned over the years on day 1.... and have an ENORMOUS evil population (like 85%+) with the good/neuts being the edgy so called PvPs will just face plant in the long run.

I'll try and get atcha tonight in game around the time you said ya msg'd me.
Closed Thread