Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default new face old world

Hello everyone iv never played EQ before now and will be rolling necromancer. I had saw EQ live go f2p and it inspired me to play, but it just doesn't have that magical feel i remember getting when watching my uncle play way back in the day.(oddly i love the crude graphics and spell animations of original EQ)

I understand this game requires exploration and hard work if anyone could point me to something that would tell me a bit of what I should be doing I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Would to love to get to know some of you and maybe group up in the future.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx1992 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone iv never played EQ before now and will be rolling necromancer. I had saw EQ live go f2p and it inspired me to play, but it just doesn't have that magical feel i remember getting when watching my uncle play way back in the day.(oddly i love the crude graphics and spell animations of original EQ)

I understand this game requires exploration and hard work if anyone could point me to something that would tell me a bit of what I should be doing I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Would to love to get to know some of you and maybe group up in the future.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STEP 1: IGNORE SPAMMERS ON FORUMS
STEP 2: HAVE FUN IN GAME

Welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2012, 04:45 AM
Kobold

Gotta apologize for the idiot above me. We're apparently having an issue with a fat neckbeard having a hissy bitch fit over a 13 year old game for some stupid reason.

The forums can be sorta gnarly and filled with angry fat nerds, like all game forums. But the server is filled with very friendly people who will be more than willing to help you out. Welcome to the server. Hope to see you around.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx1992 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok first, IT IS NOT ODD to love these graphics, and they are not crude, just... efficient!

Secondly, whatever race you end up choosing for Necromancer, put as many points as you can into Stamina.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

lol oh yeah ill remember that wini.

slave should i put all or most and the rest into int?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
lol oh yeah ill remember that wini.

slave should i put all or most and the rest into int?
ALL if possible.

For the rest, it helps a little to put into Int, but probably not as much as say, Strength later. Just to carry more stuff so your AC doesn't take a hit. Unless maybe you really want to do some trade skills.
Last edited by Slave; 04-14-2012 at 06:06 AM..
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Planar Protector

Stamina and Int [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

ok thank you guys very much
Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

This page helps a lot for Old and New players. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Main_Page

The most important thing to get in this game is a good weapon even as a caster at low levels. It is scary how long it takes to kill stuff with the weapon you get at the start.

So you need to farm Bone Chips and HQ Bear pelts. HQ cat pelts also. Also Spiderling Silk sells well also. Sell them in the EC tunnel. And you can get good buffs there for free also.

Hardest problem you will have is knowing where to go without maps. They used to be in game and took them out. Not Classic. http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/ good sourse for maps. Just use Alt Esc to toggle between game and maps.
Last edited by webrunner5; 04-14-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Closed Thread