Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Good find, President. Let's see if congress passes this bill.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Good find indeed, I stand potentially corrected. Two questions though.

1) why the fuck did you not post something like this sooner? Why the fuck are ou spewing out people's lvling guides as a reference then a VALID source like castersrealm.

2) why the fuck are there two threads about this and apparently I have been posting in the wrong one.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Sarnak

I consider myself somewhat of a wayback nerd researcher, gotta say anything relating to shaman dot stacking is very hard to find prior to 2001, most of the problems come from the fact you can find a website archived in 1999 or 2000, but when you click on a link of a spell, or post, whathave you, wayback will attempt to find the earliest crawl for that specific link, which could be 2 years in the future. This doesnt mean the page didnt exist in 1999, it just means the first crawl of it was 2 years later... frustrating.

Anyhow! My first find... its from a class guide from eqstratics. No, this is not impressive or gasping proof of anything, but its a decent guide. Dated April 27, 2000 ( 3 days after kunark release ). The actual url will not link, gives 404 error, click this link, then find the shaman class forum link, and click it. its the first link named "shaman guide" The quote below is from the first post in the shaman forum.
http://web.archive.org/web/200005200...m/classes.html

The highlight is this quote:

4/27/00 04:41 AM
Re: Shaman guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of our DoTs are stackable with each other. With other classes DoTs too.

Ok so this could be interpreted many ways, but I highly doubt the guy meant 1 poison and 1 disease dot stack with each other when he says "most". I am also going to conclude that even though this post is technically Kunark era, the guy is obviously talking about his experience in the past.... not past 3 days =) take it for what it is.. Im not saying its testament to anything, but quite interesting.

Interestingly, there is another post called " Stacking dots" on the Shaman main page, which begs the question, if shaman could only stack 1 poison and 1 disease dot, why would this post even exist? Unfortunataly there was never a crawl for that page, which would have prolly ended this debate.

My search continues....
Last edited by Brinkman; 11-18-2011 at 05:50 AM..
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

Confirmed, everyone who disagrees with Castle believes in the the magic bullet theory, and that terrorists crashed planes full of real human beings into the twin towers and the pentagon. Confirmed.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Banned

Melveny, (1) becaue I'm a master wordsmith/debater and I gotta keep an ace in the hole naw'man, brah? (2) because 1 thread cannot contain the epicness of this truth longs suppressed by illuminati & lizardmen (and I don't mean iksars, dawg.)

Brinkman, good point. +1

Let's get this ish implemented Devs. What say ye?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Fire Giant

I think they are referring to stuff like Scourge stacking with Asystole. Reason being because Scourge/Plague are same dot line, but one is more powerful while Asystole is a str debuff as well as disease. Therefore, they are considered to separate dots.

However, I don't remember how dots worked pre-kunark so I really don't know. I do know that in luclin I was stacking heat blood, boil blood, then Ignite so that I can bury Ignite.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

Awaiting a public apology and a fix. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

castle had this confirmed since page 1 . time to get this nerfed ! what more evidence is there to bring ? same with dwarf king . so much proof but no nerf . man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

*push* ?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Orc

Bump

I played a Shaman on live from 2 months before Kunark was released until about 6 months ago. I can verify ALL our dots stacked the whole time I played. Would really like to see this fixed here...
Closed Thread