Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 AM
Orc

Default Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Howdy, this is your neighborhood friendly Überbandit kicking up a simple Q&A thread. Rules are plain, ask whatever noobish/stupid/whatever question here and me (or other generous people here) will do the best we can to answer you.

Don't be shy, and give me some questions!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Orc

I've got two:

a) I started a Troll Shaman today, I realise that Innothule swamp is a horrendous place to level and I remembered that Trolls could start in Neriak, I was already level 3 when this dawned on me so instead of starting over I decided to run and get a bind along the way. When I got there, despite my own memory as well as the project 1999 wiki information, there were no shaman GM's or vendors. Is Grobb and Ogguk (practically next door to each other) the only places I can train and buy my spells?

b) I usually prefer to have my helm graphics switched off unless I play a tank or plate user (someone that 'fits' to wear a helm). I noticed that I have to enable this option every time I zone. Is this intended or is it a bug?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wecoan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got two:

a) I started a Troll Shaman today, I realise that Innothule swamp is a horrendous place to level and I remembered that Trolls could start in Neriak, I was already level 3 when this dawned on me so instead of starting over I decided to run and get a bind along the way. When I got there, despite my own memory as well as the project 1999 wiki information, there were no shaman GM's or vendors. Is Grobb and Ogguk (practically next door to each other) the only places I can train and buy my spells?

b) I usually prefer to have my helm graphics switched off unless I play a tank or plate user (someone that 'fits' to wear a helm). I noticed that I have to enable this option every time I zone. Is this intended or is it a bug?
a) As far as I am aware there are no Shaman venders in Neriak. I would also be cautious about heading into the ogre Shaman guild, I believe you will be kos to their trainers (ogres and trolls are stupid).

You are limited to Grobb for now as far as trainers/spells, but when I was leveling my troll Shaman I hugged the right wall of the swamp, killing up and down it basically. I think I usually roamed from the guards up to the Guk entrance, pulling from across the water sometimes.

At 5 I would recommend you bite the bullet and travel North. Southern Ro is actually pretty good xp if you can get a group/duo going. Otherwise East Commonlands is a good place to snag groups or get buffs and terrorize the local wildlife. If you ask politely, someone can bind you outside of Freeport.

b) "Shit's classic" It is purposefully so on the server, helm hiding isn't classic. Even if you don't see it, other players still will. Just one of those things that reminds you that Everquest hates you.

Also, welcome mate! Get that level 9 and start being a speedy bastard. Rangers (my main) don't get it till level 39 SO APPRECIATE IT!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Orc

As an addendum, Trolls were given trainers in Neriak when the Froglok were introduced and took Grobb.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Orc

Ok I ended up running back to Grobb, but after checking every single vendor multiple times it seems one or two of my main spells are missing like Tainted Breath, a level 9 DoT. Do I have to get someone to purchase this from a Necro vendor? -.-
Old 04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Project Manager

Stragak, in Innothule Swamp, sells Tainted Breath.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

www.wiki.project1999.com

Excellent source of information, including where to find Shaman spells (you'll likely need this resource as a non-Iksar Shaman, since the old world races Shaman spells are pretty spread out)

As an aside, the swamp is a great place to level. Trolls really do have it good. Just stick to the right wall until you're high enough to start going into Guk, then enjoy one of the best lowbie dungeons in the game. It can be rough, and you may have to do a few CR's, but you'll learn how to play your class, fight in a dungeon, and have fun doing it.

You can start going into Guk as early as level 6 if you have a duo partner.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

Wow look at all this good advice and from the staff as well! Finding the hand where Stragak resides can be hard at lower levels. Just follow the right wall til you find the SRo zone. Head directly south of it and just a tad to your left when facing south and you cannot miss him. And only a super small swim if you do it right.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Orc

Ah, I didn't realise, I played Bard/Warrior in end game. First ever full caster, don't know a thing about research and words etc either. Appreciate the help guys!

P.S are the ZEM's the same as live or is that secret? :P
Old 04-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wecoan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I didn't realise, I played Bard/Warrior in end game. First ever full caster, don't know a thing about research and words etc either. Appreciate the help guys!

P.S are the ZEM's the same as live or is that secret? :P
The wiki helps out a ton for research/words. Key thing is save you training and blow them all to max it as high as you can before destroying your words/pages due to low skill.

ZEM's are in place as they were in live. So live back then basically, not how it is now. I believe there may be a chart around the wiki somewhere that has that information as well.
Tander - 55th Half Elf Bard

The Mystical Order || See what I'm Selling/Buying || Nagrith's JBoots MQ Service
Closed Thread